• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulu's GHOST RIDER show (2020)

21 posts in this topic

"Marvel’s Ghost Rider" centers on Robbie Reyes, the quintessential antihero, who lives on the Texas/Mexico border, consumed by hellfire and supernaturally bound to a demon. When he unleashes the Rider, Robbie brings vengeance for the innocents he encounters, but struggles controlling the power he wields. "Marvel’s Ghost Rider" is executive produced by Ingrid Escajeda, who will serve as showrunner, Paul Zbyszewski and Marvel Television’s Jeph Loeb.

“I couldn’t be more excited and honored to be handed the reins to a Marvel character as beloved as GHOST RIDER. This story hits every note for me—my love for grounded yet conflicted characters and my desire to scare the $&!# out of people! It’s important to me to find a take that thrills existing fans as well as wider audiences and I believe we’ve done just that,” said Executive Producer and Showrunner, Ingrid Escajeda.

“As a lifelong Marvel fan, I feel incredibly fortunate to help bring this darker, thrilling corner of the comic book universe to life, and I’m just grateful to everyone at Marvel Television and Hulu for the opportunity,” said Paul Zbyszewski, Executive Producer and Showrunner. “Marvel’s known for all the heart, humor, and action they put into every series, but this time around we’re adding some scares to that mix. I think we’ve found a compelling way to dissect some of our deepest fears through the experiences of our two lead characters.”

"We're thrilled Hulu will be moving into a new—admittedly chilling—corner of the Marvel Universe with GHOST RIDER and HELSTROM. Paul and Ingrid are crafting gripping adventures into fear that live in our SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE cornerstone."

Both series are co-productions with Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios and join the upcoming third season of "Marvel’s Runaways" and recently announced adult animated series based on the popular Marvel Television characters including “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.,” “Marvel’s Hit Monkey,” “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show,” and “Marvel’s Howard the Duck," which will culminate in a special event, “Marvel’s The Offenders.”

Edited by Bosco685

Both series are co-productions with Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios and join the upcoming third season of "Marvel’s Runaways" and recently announced adult animated series based on the popular Marvel Television characters including “Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K.,” “Marvel’s Hit Monkey,” “Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show,” and “Marvel’s Howard the Duck," which will culminate in a special event, “Marvel’s The Offenders.”

Wait, what the wha? The "Offenders"????? First time hearing about this too! 

So I am guessing HULU is now the home of Marvel tv show productions instead o Netflix

:gossip:

3 hours ago, DjMartini said:

So I am guessing HULU is now the home of Marvel tv show productions instead o Netflix

:gossip:

Yeah - With it's Fox buy-out, Disney now owns 60% of Netflix & Comcast owns 30%. AT&T did own the other 10%, but recently exited -- my understanding is they haven't yet finalized the split, but the gist is Disney owns 60-70% of Hulu.

Which means they can also shuffle premium material from Disney+ to Hulu at will, supporting that platform.

Which means they can also shuffle premium material from Disney+ to Hulu at will, supporting that platform.

good - I recently dropped Verizon for my TV and went with Hulu's live TV streaming package (which incls their streaming library)

Hulu’s Ghost Rider series is officially underway, with star Gabriel Luna confirming to io9 that writers have started work on the solo series that will feature his return as Robbie Reyes. This series doesn’t look to be connected to Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, where Luna made his debut. So, how much of the character will change, and how much will stay the same? According to Luna, Robbie’s still Robbie, but his world is going to get a lot bigger.

During a press event for Terminator: Dark Fate at San Diego Comic-Con, we asked Luna how much Hulu’s Ghost Rider would challenge or change the Robbie we got to know in SHIELD. After all, he spent some time building his vision of Robbie Reyes—one that apparently worked so well, he was brought onboard a reportedly unrelated series as the same character—so clearly there’s something special about what he was bringing to the table. But it’s still a new show, one that doesn’t have to honor the canon of the predecessor.

Luna told us his Robbie is going to be the “same guy,” but that the writers are working on building Robbie’s world and exploring his psychology in a way SHIELD didn’t have the time or space for:

"I’m the same guy...And I know what what worked and what felt good and I want to continue to deliver on that, in that performance. Because Robbie is just a truly great character... While Johnny Blaze was always cursed and he’s like, “Oh, I’m cursed!” [For] Robbie, this is a very empowering thing that he’s in, and he has to wield it."

"I love that we have a whole wonderful, beautiful writer’s room right now, just exploring Robbie’s psychology. We get to continue to add to the canon, because it seems like everything we do with Robbie is just we’re pushing the canon. He’s existed since 2014. So we’re just adding more and more and more to this great story of Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider."

WTH??!

Hulu has opted not to proceed with Marvel’s Ghost Rider, its planned live-action series starring Gabriel Luna, I have learned.

Hulu in May picked up two new live-action series from Disney sibling Marvel Television, Ghost Rider and Helstrom, to premiere in 2020. While Marvel’s Helstrom is on track, I hear Hulu and the Ghost Rider team had reached a creative impasse which could not be resolved, leading to the streamer’s decision not to move forward with the series.

Marvel Television remains a leading supplier to Hulu with a series slate that includes the live-action Marvel’s Runaways, which has been renewed for a third season, and the upcoming Marvel’s Helstrom, both co-produced by ABC Signature. It also in involved in a suite of four connected animated series — Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K, Marvel’s Hit-Monkey, Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show and Marvel’s Howard the Duck  — set to roll out in 2020, culminating in a special event, Marvel’s The Offenders.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:40 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

does anyone here have HULU? shows like this interest me, but not enough to buy yet another monthly subscirption to a thing. 

I use Hulu primarily to watch Homeland and The League. Their movie selection's also gotten a lot better over the past year as they've begun outbidding Netflix for some things. And they just acquired the rights to Seinfeld this month.

With ads (the cheap version) it's only $6.34 a month.

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

WTH??!

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Hulu has opted not to proceed with Marvel’s Ghost Rider, its planned live-action series starring Gabriel Luna, I have learned.

Hulu in May picked up two new live-action series from Disney sibling Marvel Television, Ghost Rider and Helstrom, to premiere in 2020. While Marvel’s Helstrom is on track, I hear Hulu and the Ghost Rider team had reached a creative impasse which could not be resolved, leading to the streamer’s decision not to move forward with the series.

Marvel Television remains a leading supplier to Hulu with a series slate that includes the live-action Marvel’s Runaways, which has been renewed for a third season, and the upcoming Marvel’s Helstrom, both co-produced by ABC Signature. It also in involved in a suite of four connected animated series — Marvel’s M.O.D.O.K, Marvel’s Hit-Monkey, Marvel’s Tigra & Dazzler Show and Marvel’s Howard the Duck  — set to roll out in 2020, culminating in a special event, Marvel’s The Offenders.

So Disney decided not to work with Disney? Could it launch on Disney+ instead?

According to our contributing insider Daniel Richtman, a Ghost Rider project is being developed by Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios. The project will be set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the titular character will not be the version portrayed by Gabriel Luna. It is currently uncertain if the Ghost Rider project is a feature film or live-action series. 

This would not indicate Ghost Rider making his "first" appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. After all, the version that appeared in Agents of Shield does take place in the MCU. However, Daniel Richtman's report does note that this version will not be that of Robbie Reyes, so it is not a far-fetched assumption that Kevin Feige and the team are looking to adapt the original Johnny Blaze iteration of Ghost Rider. Adapting Johnny Blaze into the MCU would be a significant move, and the timing could be just right with what is on the horizon. 

After his significant role in Avengers: Infinity War, Doctor Strange's sequel film, now slotted for a March 2022 release, could be the perfect setting for Johnny Blaze to make his debut on the silver screen. Among what is known about Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is that the sequel will dip into the "gothic and the horror and the horrific." Nightmare is believed to be the film's main villain, and the character is depicted as a common foe to Stephen Strange and, you guessed it, Ghost Rider. Showcasing Johnny Blaze within the "gothic" environment of the Doctor Strange sequel could be a natural springboard into his own feature film. 

A Phase 4 film could be a logical choice to introduce Johnny Blaze, but remember that Multiverse of Madness also has Scarlet Witch in a starring role. The next we see of Scarlet Witch will be in WandaVision debuting on Disney+. Elizabeth Olsen continues to tease new information, and the show's exploration of different realities could become a natural setting for Ghost Rider. If Johnny Blaze is meant to get his own live-action series, WandaVision could be a great opportunity to possibly hint at the character.

What happened to the news a month ago that Disney was eyeing Keanu Reeves to play Johhny Blaze?

Or has that now been supplanted by this week's rumor that they want him to play Moon Knight?