• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Online Comic Retailer who Ship Comics the Safest

28 posts in this topic

Does anyone have suggestions or opinions on best online websites that sell comics but pack and ship them the best? Like which online retailer packs books the safest? Thanks.

Just now, Wah said:

Does anyone have suggestions or opinions on best online websites that sell comics but pack and ship them the best? Like which online retailer packs books the safest? Thanks.

IMO InStockTrades has the best prices and shipping.

I haven't purchased any single issues from them, though.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

IMO InStockTrades has the best prices and shipping.

I haven't purchased any single issues from them, though.

i'll take a look at them. i just hate it when you order a comic online as NM and they way they ship is so bad that it comes to you as not so. the best experience i've had as far as safe shipping packing is midtowncomics, but sometimes its not so.

4 minutes ago, Wah said:

i'll take a look at them. i just hate it when you order a comic online as NM and they way they ship is so bad that it comes to you as not so. the best experience i've had as far as safe shipping packing is midtowncomics, but sometimes its not so.

I've only ordered single issues in "bulk" on eBay. Everything else has been purchased locally.

May want to search the forums to see if this has been discussed, or create a new topic in Comics General where more people may weigh in.

27 minutes ago, Finhead said:

I've had nothing but awesome shipping and packing (and prices) from Mycomicshop

Agree, Mycomishop is pretty good, no complains.

Also G-Mart.com ships and packages really well. 

Edited by DjMartini

2 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

not heard of g-mart, will look them over as well. thank you for the input

39 minutes ago, Asianassassincomics said:

Mycomicshop always packs and ships their items well. However, I've received books that were in much worse condition than advertised and the damage didn't seem to come during shipping. 

That is very odd, anything I have ever bought (All silver age ) has always been  .5-1.0 higher grade IMO than what they grade it at. Unless things have changed there always very hard graders.

1 hour ago, Finhead said:

That is very odd, anything I have ever bought (All silver age ) has always been  .5-1.0 higher grade IMO than what they grade it at. Unless things have changed there always very hard graders.

They were modern books but a couple that were graded Near Mint on their website wouldn't grade higher than 7.5 at CGC IMO. 

They had huge color breaking creases on the spine that were almost an inch in width. 

1 hour ago, Asianassassincomics said:

They were modern books but a couple that were graded Near Mint on their website wouldn't grade higher than 7.5 at CGC IMO. 

They had huge color breaking creases on the spine that were almost an inch in width. 

yikes! not good! we sure mycomicshop is still a good bet for me?

12 hours ago, Wah said:
14 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

I wouldn't let the experience of one person make the decision for you. I don't doubt that he had a bad experience. After all, no retailer is perfect and stuff happens. I would suggest making a small order to see if mycomicshop meets your needs. Their packaging is first rate. Very solid and their grading is light years better than it was in the past. 

14 hours ago, Wah said:

Yes to mycomicshop, I've bought graded books and also low grade raw books.  Cheap shipping and packed well.  Would recommend

Mycomicshop.com

Discount Comic Book Service (DCBS) 

I've never had a single problem from either vendor. 

90% of the time you will get 9.8s from DCBS. Both companies have done an excellent job with packing, although I haven't ordered from DCBS in a few years. 

16 hours ago, Asianassassincomics said:

They carefully grade books that over $20 or so. 

They glance at low cost books under $5. 

I've personally visited their warehouse, which is not open to the public. Imagine a Costco full of comics. They would need an army to go over their low-cost books (tens of thousands if not more) with a loupe. 

Their grading on higher cost issues is pretty much spot-on. 

I can't say enough good things about Mycomicshop, and a majority of the boardies feel the same. 

On 5/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, DjMartini said:

I used to order books from G-Mart in early 2000's but not much in stock today. If the book is scarce, the price will be higher. Sometimes, their price is silly but not like Mile High Comics.