• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's BLADE starring Mahershala Ali (2022?)
1 1

164 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Looking at completed sales. TOD 10 went bonkers last night on eBay as expected.

I have a couple of undercopies up on Clink this month (CGC 9.0) and next month (CGC 9.4 OW-W) so

Image result for excellent smithers gif

Edited by kimik

15 minutes ago, bane said:

Will it an 18 certificate or cutesy MCU 12?

Hopefully, something along the lines of Blade 2.

Great news. One of my favourite characters.

Edited by Ken Aldred

4 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Still going bonkers... 8.0 went for $1150 this morning... I’ve got one sitting at CGC at the moment...

I have a CGC 7.0. Tempted to throw it out there but I have a feeling when trailers start hitting this book will take another big leg up.

Just now, Key Largo Comics said:

I have a CGC 7.0. Tempted to throw it out there but I have a feeling when trailers start hitting this book will take another big leg up.

Yeah, even though my copy lives at CGC at the moment, I'd still hold off even if I had it in hand... I think a bump will come when the trailer hits like you said, but also when the movie releases as well. I've got a lot of faith in Ali, his talent is undeniable -- but also he sounds pretty invested in the project.

7 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah, even though my copy lives at CGC at the moment, I'd still hold off even if I had it in hand... I think a bump will come when the trailer hits like you said, but also when the movie releases as well. I've got a lot of faith in Ali, his talent is undeniable -- but also he sounds pretty invested in the project.

He was by far the best part of the Netflix Luke Cage series. I have no doubt he will deliver as Blade.

Edited by Key Largo Comics

Wesley Snipes giving his backing on this fantastic casting announcement.

“To all the DAYWALKERS losing their minds right now, chillaaxx. Although the news comes as a surprise, it’s ALL GOOD. Such is the ‘business’ of ‘entertainment!’ Much peace to the MCU crew - always a fan," Snipes says. "Honor and respect to the grandmaster Stan. Congratulations and Salaam to Mahershala Ali, a beautiful and talented artist whose expressions I look forward to experiencing for many years to come. Inshallah, we will someday work together. Most importantly to my loyal fans, the incredible outpouring of love is overwhelming. I am grateful for the never-ending support. So, ‘nah fret nah worry, it’s not de end of de story.’ Welcome to the Daywalker Klique.”

He now came out with an additional statement I cannot post the complete details. :whistle:

"Vampire breaking news," Snipes wrote in a tweet. "Message from the Daywalker... Hey MCU, haven't we been down this road before? Aye yah, some mother@&%*ers are always trying to ice skate uphill ....hahaha."

Man, how soon people want to dismiss the older Marvel films that laid the groundwork so as to support the newer MCU films.

There are folks on social media bashing the older Blade films as all being trash that now Feige will be able to fix. And not just a few folks.

:whatthe:

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Man, how soon people want to dismiss the older Marvel films that laid the groundwork so as to support the newer MCU films.

There are folks on social media bashing the older Blade films as all being trash that now Feige will be able to fix. And not just a few folks.

Seriously?

Blade & Blade 2 Pi**es over the majority of what Feige & the MCU have produced :facepalm:  I have re-watched both movies multiple times, same can't be said for 70% of MCU movies.

57 minutes ago, bane said:

Seriously?

Blade & Blade 2 Pi**es over the majority of what Feige & the MCU have produced :facepalm:  I have re-watched both movies multiple times, same can't be said for 70% of MCU movies.

Unfortunately, it's a 'thing' now. MCU acquires property or launching new production, disrespect the old material.

The shock on a few faces when I pointed out Blade (1997) laid the groundwork for all we have now at the MCU because of its success, X-Men (2000) and Spider-Man (2002). You know - those old trash films.

(:

On 7/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

I understand recency bias, but  Blade 2 is a masterpiece!

That aside, you'd think the haters would at least give it respect for featuring Norman Reedus.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I understand recency bias,

I bet you can. :baiting:

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I understand recency bias, but  Blade 2 is a masterpiece!

That aside, you'd think the haters would at least give it respect for featuring Norman Reedus.

It is crazy when folks ignore the early wins in our comic book hobby that got us where we are today. Blade's trilogy may not be massive. But it was powerful enough to help Ike Perlmutter realize later on Marvel needed to produce these movies for themselves if it was going to ever profit massively.

Blade_trilogy01.thumb.PNG.8a581c86c1307caa3071668f30e7fc2f.PNG

That's a big historic win for the hobby.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

Bet you most people bashing them haven't even seen them.

7 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I bet you can. :baiting:

It is crazy when folks ignore the early wins in our comic book hobby that got us where we are today. Blade's trilogy may not be massive. But it was powerful enough to help Ike Perlmutter realize later on Marvel needed to produce these movies for themselves if it was going to ever profit massively.

Blade_trilogy01.thumb.PNG.8a581c86c1307caa3071668f30e7fc2f.PNG

That's a big historic win for the hobby.

Yeah -- and I don't have the source for it at hand but several executives and/or Singer himself are on record as saying the success of Blade (even as an R-rated flick) is what led directly to X-Men being green-lit.

Believe there'd been an X-Men -script kicking around since '95 or so. It was the success of Blad in '98 that finally made it viable.