• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking at a Large DC Copper Age Collection
2 2

206 posts in this topic

I have no idea what that list consist of. Like.. just getting the titles doesn't mean anything. When you say box of limited/minis & 1-shot. Are those complete? If so, there's a hungry market for those and those are usually easy to list and flip. The minis don't have to be relatively sought after in order to flip them they function more like tpb. People wanna read complete storylines. 

Also if seller listed them in storyline order (no man's land issues together, crisis books together etc) DO NOT BREAK THOSE. Easier to list/sell them as a complete set instead. Even if they consist of keys. Just make sure you list them with the key on top/on subject line. 

Fun project. Enjoy

Edited by Aweandlorder

Update to the collection:

I purchased 45 long boxes of DC comics three months ago. Between selling to some local collectors and setting up at two different shows I was able to move 9 long boxes of books. A dealer at the last show made me a fair offer on the 33 long boxes that were left and I took it.

I still have two longs of good to better books out of the collection and some really nice keys. I enjoyed setting up at shows and might keep setting up on a smaller scale.

I personally took one long box out of the collection. Mostly Vertigo and Elseworlds titles to read. I think I am keeping the DC Comics Presents 26 as my one keeper book.

It was a fun and profitable experience.

Thanks to everyone for the advice and help!

On 5/2/2019 at 9:10 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

As an example...the original run of Catwoman? #1-94? The last 5-6 issues are "worth something", especially the Harley issue #89, and that's it. Everything else isn't even worth 10 cents a book. You'll have a dickens of a time trying to move them as loose dollar books. You would probably sell the No Man's Land issues, and that's about it.

Now, Catwoman #44-83 from the 2002 series? Now, those are worth it, especially if there are 9.8 potentials. But #1-43? Again, junk that no one wants.

Is this true? Can't you just try to craigs list the junk to tve next sucker who thinks he can squeeze it? I got 35 cents a book at my yard sale when a wannabee flipper came in and bought my longie of stuff that had been picked over the last 5 yard sales. Admittedly, this is not something that would excite me as I am almost at comic saturation, but that's personal.

3 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

So based on the above I have put my money where my mouth is - I bought over the weekend a collection of 40 long boxes of unsorted (!) modern books starting from 1999 and ending the fourth week of the first DC New 52 experiment, plus multiple short boxes of Silver ASMs, Detectives, and Batmans, as well as eight boxes of random Copper books. This collection is roughly akin to Dormian's.

Books were packed so incredibly tightly that I'll bet there were 350-400 in each box - each long box weighed probably 60 pounds. All bagged (not boarded), put directly into the boxes from the store. The only modern "key" I have not yet found is NYX 3 - I found a 4 but not a 3 yet. Besides that, you name it, its there. My slabbing fee in Baltimore is going to be pretty large.

Good Luck!

If I had the space and time I would have kept the collection and spent some time selling the drek. It was doing quite well at shows as one and two dollar books.

I am suppose to go look at 20 long box collection this weekend.

11 hours ago, Dormian said:

Good Luck!

If I had the space and time I would have kept the collection and spent some time selling the drek. It was doing quite well at shows as one and two dollar books.

I am suppose to go look at 20 long box collection this weekend.

He's hooked! lol