• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sub Mariner #8 HG

5 posts in this topic

I've got a friend of mine who is entertaining the thought of purging his raw HG Silver aged comics.  Neither of us are willing to assign a grade to these guys for fear of under grading or worse, over grading. We appreciate the opinion of you, our comic brethren. Thanks in advance.

FYI:  This book hasn't been pressed...yet. 

P.S.  It's been a while since I've been on here. 

IMG_7455.JPG

IMG_7470.JPG

IMG_7466.JPG

IMG_7467.JPG

IMG_7465.JPG

IMG_7468.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

IMG_7469.JPG

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7472.JPG

I agree, the image quality is not the best but even with that, I see this capable of 8.5-9.0 territory. Cover is gorgeous. Depends on how off-white and tan the back cover is though. I am comparing with a 9.0 on Ebay though and yours looks very similar (slight wear to spine in spots but doesn't really destroy the great black background).

beautiful glossy black cover, and sharp corners.  significant defects are a couple tiny partial color breaking spine tics, top edge wear, and a 1/2" non color breaking crease/bend near the right edge above Namor's fist. 

9.0 on this beauty as is, and would benefit from a press