• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sales tax at ComicLink
2 2

67 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, tth2 said:

Is the credit charge even relevant?  Heritage started limiting credit card payments to some ridiculously low amount years ago, so that payment method hasn't even been relevant for many buyers for a while now. 

Which has been a real hassle for overseas buyers such as myself, because now I usually have to pay by wire transfer which means schlepping to the bank and filling in the wire transfer form.  It used to be so much easier when I could just charge it.  

The limit was 2500. If 2500 is "a ridiculously low amount" then: Te salut, Don Corleone.

5 minutes ago, cstojano said:

The limit was 2500. If 2500 is "a ridiculously low amount" then: Te salut, Don Corleone.

IIRC it was tth2 that regretted not bidding 1200ish for a particularly tasty early Calkins Buck Rogers. Even The Don has his limits ;)

3 hours ago, tth2 said:

Which has been a real hassle for overseas buyers such as myself, because now I usually have to pay by wire transfer which means schlepping to the bank and filling in the wire transfer form.  It used to be so much easier when I could just charge it.  

Ouch. Your bank ought to allow online wire transfers. My Singapore bank does, and doesn't charge any fees! Been my preferred payment method for a while.

4 hours ago, tth2 said:

Is the credit charge even relevant?  Heritage started limiting credit card payments to some ridiculously low amount years ago, so that payment method hasn't even been relevant for many buyers for a while now. 

they just recently changed their rules it seems (if my memory doesn't fail me, Oct). I did write in to ask, 2.5% is now charged on all credit card payments no matter the notional, but on the other hand they have removed the limit. They did not explicitly state the upper limit on credit card transactions though. Probably levels the playing field with other large auctions houses like Christie's and Sotheby's.

So yea time to whip out your Amex Black Cards guys..

10 hours ago, cstojano said:

Given the average prices of lots of art and slabbed books on Heritage these days, $2500 doesn't buy a whole lot. 

11 hours ago, vodou said:

IIRC it was tth2 that regretted not bidding 1200ish for a particularly tasty early Calkins Buck Rogers. Even The Don has his limits ;)

He has his limits for Calkins Buck Rogers.  

Tim otherwise blows his nose with 1000 Swiss franc banknotes.