• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Overstreet #49 - All covers have been revealed
2 2

67 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

What the hell is this? Chris Pratt(???) Nathan Filion(???) and ?????? Geez, I'm out of the loop. lol 

You too can have your own Overstreet cover as long as you wait 16 years (2003) and be on for only one season with 14 episodes!

image.png.f0e2418fcbf22b817d95ce2f95ec41b3.png

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, #49. Next year will be #50!

First one I ever saw and bought was #3. Probably started collecting comics about 4-5 years before that. Man, I’m old...

Sure been a fun ride though and I’m not done yet!   :preach:

#3 was the first one I ever saw. I was stunned to see old comics could be worth more than new ones.  I finally convinced the books owner to give me the ordering information, and I sent away for it after much thought. Six or seven dollars equalled about thirty new comics and money could get tight. I caddied in the summer and occasionally during the school year but didn't work after school until the Spring of my Senior year so $6 was a major budget item.

About two months later, a copy of #5 arrived in the mail.

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, #49. Next year will be #50!

First one I ever saw and bought was #3. Probably started collecting comics about 4-5 years before that. Man, I’m old...

Sure been a fun ride though and I’m not done yet!   :preach:

Awesome.  

My first one was the 8th edition.  Women in Comics.  Still on my shelf!

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:
7 hours ago, SBRobin said:

Wow, even the Overstreet guide has variants?!

This was my reaction...

What is the point..?

Variety.

And money.

11 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

What is the point..?

Too true! I could understand it going into a digital format however it is out of date by it's printing! What if the MCU announced a dollar bin character as the next big movie series imagine the hew and cry of comic dealers going by the guide. I've found the same thing while collecting horror movie magazines and that's nearly 45 years! The grading system is slowly creeping in on value yet the guide book for these is about 9 years old and again out of date on printing. The one thing these books are good for is current information on the comic market and history plus of course the covers reprinted. I still go on my own collecting standards as I'm sure everyone else on this site does, personally if it's complete and in good condition I'm happy but I can understand the serious collector (although I still scratch my head on page whiteness and then putting it in plastic). Each to their own I suppose.(thumbsu