• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan EXPO Dallas Comic Con Roll Up Tour Pics 2019
2 2

126 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

:idea: for future readers or historians who read my con thread...

4 total issues so far..

Now I'm going to sleep...

Here is last year's thread @comics4all

@ADAMANTIUM Nice! That's cool that you got to this Con every year with your brother!

Who was that blonde cosplayer with Liefeld? She wasn't dressed as any character? Does she still get to be called a cosplayer then? 

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

@ADAMANTIUM Nice! That's cool that you got to this Con every year with your brother!

Who was that blonde cosplayer with Liefeld? She wasn't dressed as any character? Does she still get to be called a cosplayer then? 

That was Jessica Nigie, not sure how the last name is spelled, but she was really kind and nice.....

I was really broke last year, hard to find anything to do at first lol decided to take pics :angel:

2 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I would hang these all over my house and every time I walked under one, I'd jump up and bonk it with my head.

question box mario.jpg

You would want the "stuffed animal" version then that makes the coin sound.  Otherwise it would be disappointing.

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:
7 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I would hang these all over my house and every time I walked under one, I'd jump up and bonk it with my head.

question box mario.jpg

You would want the "stuffed animal" version then that makes the coin sound.  Otherwise it would be disappointing.

lol I remember thinking mario raised his hand to bonk it with a hammer lol awe to be 7 years old again.....

Looks like you had a fun show! Love the wall books pics.Wish more dealers would do the big prices like that, so I'd know if it's worth asking to have them take it off the wall. I usually only ask to look at something if I'm seriously thinking about buying it, having those huge prices would cut down on a lot of needless chit chat.

20 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Also, strictly for the purposes of science, does Pamela Anderson smell nice? 

She sounds even nicer :angel: with a soft whisper squeak :) not too much of a sniffer though, or no perfume (thumbsu Unfortunately I saw the pics of people from the photo-op the night before, she was wearing a slim fitting gown all black, wish I had stuck to that time slot..... but with her all black in my pic it's hard to see curves :( she did at least have a bit of eyeliner 

image.thumb.png.afddc9c3c8c4d0a418e64df9ad8a0f8f.pngCONGRATS!!! @F For Fake on your 10 year anniversary to the day :whee:^^ 

31 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

She sounds even nicer :angel: with a soft whisper squeak :) not too much of a sniffer though, or no perfume (thumbsu Unfortunately I saw the pics of people from the photo-op the night before, she was wearing a slim fitting gown all black, wish I had stuck to that time slot..... but with her all black in my pic it's hard to see curves :( she did at least have a bit of eyeliner 

image.thumb.png.afddc9c3c8c4d0a418e64df9ad8a0f8f.pngCONGRATS!!! @F For Fake on your 10 year anniversary to the day :whee:^^ 

Thanks bud! Indeed, 10 whole years. I'd like to say that it was time well spent, but I think we all know that simply can't be true. So, here's to ten years of killing time at work while my life slowly drips away. Thanks CGC! 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:32 AM, comics4all said:

Very cool!

She is a ICON! would love to meet her & Carmen Electra!

I have seen her a lot at flea markets around here. She really dresses down but gets spotted all the time. VERY cool lady. Even though she probably wants to be left alone, she seems always great to those who come up to her for an autograph or a photo. Carmen Electra...:luhv:

2 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Always a true gentleman and great artist. Really appreciates his fans!

That's interesting to hear. The one time I met him, he couldn't be bothered to speak to me, or anyone else in his line. That was nearly 25 years ago, maybe he's more humble these days.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

That's interesting to hear. The one time I met him, he couldn't be bothered to speak to me, or anyone else in his line. That was nearly 25 years ago, maybe he's more humble these days.

Yes, the two times I met him he was far from respectful to some of the fans and was just plain rude on one occasion. This was also mid90s.

Like some one here said he could easily charge $50 for an autograph and get it but he signs for free. A rare situation these days.

Another great guy is Steranko. First one is free and the rest are $5. each which he said he gives to charity.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

Yes, the two times I met him he was far from respectful to some of the fans and was just plain rude on one occasion. This was also mid90s.

I have seen "fans" come up to him with a mountain of books for sigs. Now THAT is rude!

I could only attend Sunday but I did get a photo-op with William Shatner and got the Star Trek Ominbus signed by Willam Shatner and John Byrne and John Byrne also signed two books.
First time meeting John Byrne.  I've heard he was kind of a Jerk in the past but he was nice to me anyway.  
I had a great time but left too early as I had another commitment.  I only bought one comic. 

12 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Like some one here said he could easily charge $50 for an autograph and get it but he signs for free. A rare situation these days.

Another great guy is Steranko. First one is free and the rest are $5. each which he said he gives to charity.

They are paid to come to these shows. It's not like they are doing everything for free.

22 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I have seen "fans" come up to him with a mountain of books for sigs. Now THAT is rude!

The one time I met him, I brought a single book. Walked up to the table, said "Hello Mr. Byrne, thanks so much," and he couldn't even be bothered to look at or speak to me, and I was not the only one in the line that he treated that way. Haven't had any use for the guy since then. I try to be extremely polite to all creators, and I am not one to bring a stack of books to anyone. I don't care what anyone does or doesn't charge, just treat people with basic respect.

Steranko is a real character and a ton of fun to talk to. Have met him several times, always a pleasure.