• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan EXPO Dallas Comic Con Roll Up Tour Pics 2019
2 2

126 posts in this topic

And like I said, the time I met Byrne was late 90's, I'd say around 96 or 97 probably? So it's entirely possible that he's come down to earth since then. People change. Maybe he had a bad day. But I've heard enough similar stories that I figured I'd continue to steer clear. He may be a lamb nowadays though, and I certainly hope he has changed, and people have a good time meeting him.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

The one time I met him, I brought a single book. Walked up to the table, said "Hello Mr. Byrne, thanks so much," and he couldn't even be bothered to look at or speak to me, and I was not the only one in the line that he treated that way. Haven't had any use for the guy since then. I try to be extremely polite to all creators, and I am not one to bring a stack of books to anyone. I don't care what anyone does or doesn't charge, just treat people with basic respect.

Steranko is a real character and a ton of fun to talk to. Have met him several times, always a pleasure.

Never met Byrne but it always a shock when some of these creators have a lack of courtesy.

On 5/6/2019 at 9:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

Yeeeeeesssssssssss lol 

He gave me the 'really' look... He had gotten to the show late.  I introduced myself and gave it to him as a present from the boards. 

He has never gotten to a show on time. I think I've set up at a half dozen shows where he's also there, and he's always unloading after the show starts.