• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

jbud73s SPRING 2K MEGA SALE SESSION 5 (NOW LIVE!!!)
5 5

2,610 posts in this topic

Closing down for the night will update the thread SOLD books tomorrow.  Some have asked how do you grade 2000 comic books?  Well it gets tedious and my old friend Steve B recommends a break after 20 or so.  I use the grading guide, too many years of collecting experience AND.... comparable books.  These are all former slabs, from left to right, 5.5 - 7.0 - 7.5 - 8.5 - 9.0 - 9.2 - and 9.6. I find that grading books from 5.0 to 7.5 is the most difficult in the process.

Comparing books is a really great way to speed up your confidence in the process, or course you must have the former slabbed books to compare.  I also use the Heritage Archives were you can blow up a scan of say DD 13 in grades from 6.0 - 9.6.

So for example in the book purchased above by kairos70 (Marvel Premiere 52).  The book is in better shape than the Thor 339 (you can just see it by placing the books side by side), its not however as nice as the Star Wars 4 (sorry kairos70) so its either a 9.2 or 9.4 and I just thought it was a bit closer to the Thor 339 than the Star Wars 4 ... but in writing this post I went back, placing all three books side by side, I actually think the Marvel Premiere 52 is a 9.4 (so kairos70 will be pretty happy with this book)

IMG_3224.JPG

Edited by jbud73

Very short block of books tonight starting in 45 mins.  Had a long day but determined to post books everyday.  Will then respond to all PMs and clean up the thread.  Large group of books tomorrow starting at 2PM PST as we push to the 1/2 point of session 3.