• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Down to the Coles and the Navy Action | Last markdowns

23 posts in this topic

How I accept payment
PayPal only. Payment is expected within 7 calendar days. If you need longer than that, you shouldn't be buying these relatively low-cost items--this is not an inventory that begs for time payments.

My referrals
Please see my forum kudos or ebay ID.

How I handle returns
I accept returns if you're dissatisfied for whatever reason. If the comics arrive damaged, I pay return shipping. If you just don't like them or have buyer's remorse, you pay return shipping.

How I package and ship
I take care to package your comics in the same manner that I want to receive them: well and with care. Typically, I use gemini mailers and a cardboard sandwich inside. Otherwise, I'll move up to USPS Priority boxes. One or two comics, I can ship First Class and save you some money. More than that, we need to use Priority Mail. I won't use Media Mail; please don't request it. Shipping is at cost: you provide an address, I weigh the package, you pay that price.

Who can buy
Boardies not in the Hall of Shame or Probation List can buy. There are a small number of people outside those lists who I wouldn't sell to, but they won't show up. They know who they are.

What's being listed
Just the one for the moment!

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Sports Thrills #14, F/VF, NOW $80 shipped

Nice colors as you can see. As usual, really nice composition. Look at the angled lines all running in parallel. And I like how he did the audience in the stands.

sports-thrills-14-a.thumb.jpg.5d521f64de09c6c49b1d4f0d732c284b.jpg

sports-thrills-14-b.thumb.jpg.aa5c645bb57e6841192c39721f56b86f.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Cole #10, 4.5, NOW $35 shipped

Here, I dig the horizontal lines, some moving left and some moving right. It's not a washtone, as I guess that technique didn't exist yet, but it's got a cool washtone-like look to it. Whites are scanned a bit too high on the back cover; I wish it were that bright!

dick-cole-10-a.thumb.jpg.51418cfe1b90abd66177e90d9a856905.jpg

dick-cole-10-b.thumb.jpg.ca29e8f863ebac8e0a563dcd8ba18629.jpg4

Edited by DavidTheDavid

This one counts, right? Right? I mean, it's got Cole in the title. :p

Young King Cole vol. 2, #7, 6.0, Crippen D, NOW $30 shipped
Certificate included

I bought this as a 7.0 from the Ritters. The front is nice as you can see, but the back is not so nice. I think there grades are, how would you say, aspirational at times. So I've downgraded this and knocked the price down a good bit from what I paid.

ykc-v2-a.thumb.jpg.dd96e6eabee6f416935851cff2543751.jpg

ykc-v2-b.thumb.jpg.394f6205d087db62873e864dbcb9140f.jpg

Edited by DavidTheDavid