• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your "Key" OA (up to 3)
2 2

61 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2019 at 11:44 AM, JWeitzner said:

An easy choice for me since I only own 4 pages.

VENOM.jpg

MlPbtvMn_2701192142091sbpi.jpg

qACvoVXA_0302192125531sbpi.jpg

Holy granola if i only had four pages and these 3 were in the mix I'd be more than satisfied.Except for the fact that collecting is an addiction.Rationale and calm fly out the window at the whiff of an ebay or HA C-LINK Hakes auction. Wow what great pieces of art.

On 6/3/2019 at 2:07 PM, Unca Ben said:

First time the Thing *really* quit the FF:
Fantastic_Four_41_pg_1med.thumb.jpg.78d39d5c2f50e66995b8a238ab817957.jpg

From ASM #6 -first Lizard - he did show up a few pages earlier in the story, so this isn't the first panel appearance.
ASM_6_pg_13med.thumb.jpg.9c193ec900e8a51a2b21f97c3568741e.jpg

First appearance of Batroc:
ToS_75_Capt_Am_pg8med.thumb.jpg.c198da07565f58a6dfc36edbc011a10b.jpg

Honorable mention: page from first appearance of Squadron Sinister and Hyperion origin:
avengers_70_pg_15med.thumb.jpg.c4999db7f21f44b441ed71af8b146b35.jpg

I love that FF splash :cloud9:

Question on OA first appearances. Do you call the first panel they were introduced the first appearance or does the entire issue they are featured in count as a first appearance as long as they are on the page?????

6 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Question on OA first appearances. Do you call the first panel they were introduced the first appearance or does the entire issue they are featured in count as a first appearance as long as they are on the page?????

Typically that very first page is valued highest -- so a distinction is made!

I've gotten the OA bug over the last couple of years - here are my key pages...Web of Spider-Man 119, pg 13 with the very first panel of Kaine. Next up, Detective Comics 524 - if we can claim that the black suit Spidey first appeared in the three books that came out the same month, then I'm gonna say this page is the first appearance of Jason Todd! Even if it's technically his second appearance, this is the first time we learn his name. Finally, a page from Sword of Azrael 1. LOVED this book as a kid, really happy to have a page from it. Runner up - Flash 62, page 2, the first of Mark Waid's incredible run. 

WOSM119.jpeg

tec524.jpg

SOA1.jpg

flash62.jpg

Edited by The Mad Irishman
Grammar

At the risk of causing offense for going to four, I'm adding one more page that I just picked up: 

Batman finds out he's going to be a daddy! Talia breaks the news to him that she's with child, in Batman: Son of the Demon [1987]. Eventually, DC will ret-con this story to become Damien Wayne's origin story. Some superb pencil and ink work by Jerry Bigham.

Bob

fullsizeoutput_9826.jpeg

I don’t know if I can edge out any of the three I have listed... in fact I’m positive I can’t. But these need to be listed here. 

Murder Falcon issue 8: complete issue. The book came out at a time that I just plain needed it. It’s a beautifully crafted bitter sweet story about making the most out of life...especially when life is hard. 

Steve Ditko Creepy #12 story page 4 from Blood of the Werewolf! A great representation of what IMO was at the very top of his entire body of work. For me it’s right up on equal footing with Strange / Spidey... and more importantly Darkhorses Warren archives are what brought me back to comics after the mid-late 90s pissed me off enough to put them down. I love this material. I’m truly flabbergasted to own this page. 

My apologies for breaking the rules 

;)

1671C7BD-CE95-428C-8FEB-FB5B98F33ED5.jpeg

C69EC390-630C-4C8A-9347-CEF27A434604.jpeg

I'll pick two, because they're on the same theme... both from big #1 books from the 70's that were really the the "first" of something kind of special.

1st... a DPS chapter header from the first-ever Marvel/DC crossover book (and still my favorite of all time) - Superman vs. Spider-Man from 1976

SupermanvSpiderman7273DPS.thumb.jpeg.26c4f0a9264c4aca07a343c34a519783.jpeg

Next, a page from What If #1 from 1977 - Marvel's first-ever imaginary story series, and combined with the book above to form my most anticipated books from when I was a kid.  So they were both must haves in my OA collection!

WhatIf1p38.jpg.8c5e8b96c6f6fc35b8b65b5b5ad39d5b.jpg

Edited by fmaz

2 hours ago, fmaz said:

Next, a page from What If #1 from 1977 - Marvel's first-ever imaginary story series, and combined with the book above to form my most anticipated books from when I was a kid.  So they were both must haves in my OA collection!

WhatIf1p38.jpg.8c5e8b96c6f6fc35b8b65b5b5ad39d5b.jpg

I also have a page from What If? #1.  Such a great comic!

whatif1pg30.jpg