• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Atlas pre-code, post-code and pre-hero comics
2 2

112 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ironman4000 said:

pm on strange tales

Dude, you just offered me $85 for two books I have priced at $325. Don't ever PM me again.

46 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Dude, you just offered me $85 for two books I have priced at $325. Don't ever PM me again.

14 minutes ago, ironman4000 said:

overcharge.

24 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

It's called lowballing. 

29 minutes ago, ironman4000 said:

it's called negotiating.

Is this the thread crapping that we were promised at the beginning?

39 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

You know, I thought about this last night, and my response was probably a little harsh. It was just a request and I can counter.

So you offered $85 for Strange Tales 42($150) and 53 ($175).

I appreciate the offer, but couldn't let them go for less than I paid. But since we are "negotiating", how about $350 for the pair?

Based on your posting history I at first thought this was a joke.

Regardless of what you think of someone else’s pricing on something why in the world would you make any offer for roughly only 25% of the listed prices???

Nearly a 75% discount?

If it wasn’t intended as a joke it’s an amazingly insulting offer to make.

Edited by N e r V

51 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

You know, I thought about this last night, and my response was probably a little harsh. It was just a request and I can counter.

So you offered $85 for Strange Tales 42($150) and 53 ($175).

I appreciate the offer, but couldn't let them go for less than I paid. But since we are "negotiating", how about $350 for the pair?

I'll go $65 shipped for the pair. Going to need some back cover scans though. Get crackin'!

14 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

It's called lowballing. 

Lowballing is offering 50% of asking, 26% of asking generally isn't a serious offer at all. 

What's even better is offering 25¢ on the dollar with an explanation of why the book isn't worth any more than that. Sellers really appreciate being educated on why they should sell cheap. 

8 minutes ago, rjpb said:

Lowballing is offering 50% of asking, 26% of asking generally isn't a serious offer at all. 

What's even better is offering 25¢ on the dollar with an explanation of why the book isn't worth any more than that. Sellers really appreciate being educated on why they should sell cheap. 

Yep. I buy stuff here where sellers “blow it out” at 40% or 50% sometimes (Randall’s magazine threads at times) and consider myself lucky. I would never ask for that much of a discount. 

An offer is usually maybe 5-15% off which clearly depends on the book and the buyer/sellers relationship. It could go a bit higher depending on that relationship history but even then your into probably 20-25% discount range maybe. 

You got some big b*lls otherwise and will probably get a bad rep in doing business with...

Edited by N e r V

I dunno, I've seen some ridiculously high priced (IMHO) books advertised in this forum, and then the seller -to include myself- will begin dropping the price, sometimes numerously.  I recently posted a book at $75, then dropped to $50, then to $25, and sold it.  I had no idea what market value was, so started high, and came down to 1/3 of the original asking price.

I wouldn't blow off anyone who makes an offer, regardless of how much of a discount it is.  You're in business if you're a seller here, and should treat it as such; it's not an "insult" to PM a low ball offer.  I would consider an insult to be knocking the book or price here in the open.  That would be rude.