• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Atlas pre-code, post-code and pre-hero comics
2 2

112 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Wally's Comics said:

If someone offered 26% at a show from Richie Muchin
then get the popcorn because the show just started...

lol

I feel like I should make some popcorn and be able to listen to the details of what happened once the 'show' started (if you're willing to share) ... as far as the original 'offer scenario' goes, perhaps best left to private PMs between the two parties to settle ...the offer screamed a lack of knowledge of FMV ...

1 hour ago, fifties said:

I wouldn't blow off anyone who makes an offer, regardless of how much of a discount it is.  You're in business if you're a seller here, and should treat it as such; 

I normally wouldn't either, but the brazeness of the offer amused me.

And your second sentence is debatable.

But I appreciate your post.

3 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I normally wouldn't either, but the brazeness of the offer amused me.

And your second sentence is debatable.

But I appreciate your post.

I think you have to spend some time in retail to fully understand the scope of what dealing with the public can be like.

I used to throw people out of my booth at SDCC if I didn’t want to do business with them. Just go away. 

There are certainly obnoxious dealers in the business but I’ve seen my share of customers who I wouldn’t do business with. 

There’s also a difference with someone being ignorant about something like market values and just being either plain cheap or rude...

5 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

:takeit:

Awesome. Thanks!

Thanks everyone for checking out the thread. We are going to start shutting it down and moving all of the remaining books to our website. Please check it out if you get a chance.

Bedrock City Back Issues!