• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's what 11 year-old me thought about comics
2 2

32 posts in this topic

I remember when those artists were the bomb.  Nowadays, I think of the ones you mention only Neal Adams and Bernie Wrightson are considered "hot" artists whose work commands much of a premium.

Oh and  lol Jim Steanko.

Edited by thunsicker

I have $8,000 ready for an Action 1. 

Please PM if you know anyone who has one for sale. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I remember when those artists were the bomb.  Nowadays, I think of the ones you mention only Neal Adams and Bernie Wrightson are considered "hot" artists whose work commands much of a premium.

Oh and  lol Jim Steanko.

Back in the day anything and everything could put a premium price on comics since dealers and LCS owners controlled everything about comic pricing. The reason a BWS illustrated comic might not be reason enough to cause a premium in pricing is because a million of them were probably printed and MAYBE 20 thousand people actually want it. There’s always someone on eBay selling what you want, no need to pay the LCS owners price

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

My favorite artist is Jim Steanko, too...just don't stand too close to him...especially after just eating lunch....

:D

His tanning lotion gets all over you when he shakes your hand.

Wasn’t it Chamber of Darkness 4 that had the Starr the Slayer Conan tryout by BWS, and would’ve been the more expensive of the two BWS issues?

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Wasn’t it Chamber of Darkness 4 that had the Starr the Slayer Conan tryout by BWS, and would’ve been the more expensive of the two BWS issues?

so you are correcting the guy because his 11 year old self got it wrong almost 40 years ago?

Edited by Bird
just bustin' chops here Ken

12 minutes ago, Bird said:
14 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

so you are correcting the guy because his 11 year old self got it wrong almost 40 years ago?

The fact checkers at Chart Your Course were asleep at the wheel.