• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At what point do you call CGC to check on your submissions?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

@ADAMANTIUM and @Crops068,

I'm sorry for sounding "snippy" in my reply. I am VERY frustrated, but I have no right to take it out on you.

ADAMANTIUM, if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take CGC to "find" your book? What was their explanation? What did they do to "make things right"?

Again, I apologize for my rant.

Joe

No Worries, CGC seemed to imply that it was a "shipping issue", but that seemed unlikely at the time. They put a rush on grading it, I think, other than that they didn't do much. It seemed the "pressor" that I used was more willing to compensate, due to him having pressed the books and shipped to CGC and were in his "possession" when they "went missing"....

Mine weren't the only books lost at that time in the shipping box.... I hesitate to give you the link to this thread, but this is someone else whose "books were misplaced"..... they seem to fret sooner than me or you, but it did work out, if you can get through all the boardies being less than empathetic..... this thread might disturb more than console....

but the point of the thread is that his books were eventually found and everything was ok, to my knowledge :eek: 

On 5/20/2019 at 9:24 AM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I can tell you about my recent experience that will add to your concern.

I planned on attending C2E2 in Chicago. I had four books (Amazing Spider-Man #101, #194, #300, #361) that I wanted graded, so I entered these books into the online form, where I indicated that I would be dropping them off at C2E2. I printed out the form and stored it with my books. On Friday, March 22, 2019, I dropped off these four books at the CGC booth. Somewhere around the first week of April, I called to find out my books would be marked as received, and I was told that employees were still unpacking books from that show. I waited 2-3 more weeks, and called again. At this time, I was asked for my order number. I told the person that I was not given any information regarding an order number or an invoice. The person I talked to insisted that I should have been given an order number and an invoice. I waited another week, and I called again and asked to speak with a manager (I believe her name was Melissa). I told Melissa that I could remember the person to whom I handed my books (she was a female employee with a very distinctive feature). Melissa told me that when books are received, they are put into a bag with the order form I brought with me to the show. Melissa also believes that my books are somewhere on the premises, but someone is going to have to look through pile after pile to find my books. Lastly, Melissa told me that I would not be charged for the grading, which is nice.

So, as of today, it has been 60 days (41 workdays) since I dropped off my books. I honestly have no idea if these books will ever be found, and I also don't know what legal recourse I will have, since I was not given an order number, an invoice, or an receipt when I dropped off my books at C2E2.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? If so, how was it resolved? Did you find the resolution to be acceptable?

Thanks!

Joe

Well, I thought I would let everyone know how this issue turned out. My books are officially LOST. CGC told me that they have looked everywhere, and the books are nowhere to be found. I spent a lot of time talking to Melissa, the head of customer service. At some point in time, my invoice was found, and I was offered a $1,000 check (based on the claim of value on the four books). I have since replaced all four books, which actually included an upgrade of ASM #101, but at a cost of $1,000+. I have yet to receive the check, but this is due to the fact that CGC only writes checks twice a month. I have some books that I sent to Joey Post, which will have an approximate charge of $600 for grading/shipping. I asked Melissa for a $300 discount, to which she cheerfully agreed.

Am I happy about this situation? Assuredly not. Do I think CGC did everything that could be done? I'm not 100% sure - I just find it hard to believe that, among all the submissions at C2E2, my books were the only ones that were lost. Do I think that CGC did what they could to make things right? Yes, I do - Melissa didn't have to give me a $300 discount, but it's clear that she wants to keep my as a customer.

Will I continue to submit books to be graded at CGC? Yes, but in all honesty, I don't have that many books left that I want to have graded. Also, if I submit any additional books to CGC, I will definitely send them via USPS, rather than dropping them off at a con. If I use USPS, I can keep track of my books every step of the way, and I can see that they were delivered and who signed for them.

So, live and learn, I guess.

Joe Ankenbauer

1 hour ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Well, I thought I would let everyone know how this issue turned out. My books are officially LOST. CGC told me that they have looked everywhere, and the books are nowhere to be found. I spent a lot of time talking to Melissa, the head of customer service. At some point in time, my invoice was found, and I was offered a $1,000 check (based on the claim of value on the four books). I have since replaced all four books, which actually included an upgrade of ASM #101, but at a cost of $1,000+. I have yet to receive the check, but this is due to the fact that CGC only writes checks twice a month. I have some books that I sent to Joey Post, which will have an approximate charge of $600 for grading/shipping. I asked Melissa for a $300 discount, to which she cheerfully agreed.

Am I happy about this situation? Assuredly not. Do I think CGC did everything that could be done? I'm not 100% sure - I just find it hard to believe that, among all the submissions at C2E2, my books were the only ones that were lost. Do I think that CGC did what they could to make things right? Yes, I do - Melissa didn't have to give me a $300 discount, but it's clear that she wants to keep my as a customer.

Will I continue to submit books to be graded at CGC? Yes, but in all honesty, I don't have that many books left that I want to have graded. Also, if I submit any additional books to CGC, I will definitely send them via USPS, rather than dropping them off at a con. If I use USPS, I can keep track of my books every step of the way, and I can see that they were delivered and who signed for them.

So, live and learn, I guess.

Joe Ankenbauer

Wow that sucks but I guess it could have been worse(?).  I have only dropped off books at a Con once and after leaving that Con I remember kicking myself that I did not ask for a receipt for dropping them off and was more surprised that they don't do that in general.

On 5/8/2019 at 7:15 AM, Donald Jack said:

Greetings...did you happen to also include CCS pressing/cleaning services?  If so, the submissions will show "Received" until CCS has completed their work and moved the comic books to CGC.  Then the status will update and the date will change.  I had sent in 3 moderns for CCS pressing on October 27, 2018, and they finally moved to "Scheduled for Grading" (with the contents details available) on March 8, 2019. 

If you did use CCS, current turnaround time is about 16-18 weeks.

Hope this helps!

DJ

Was this Walk Thru Fast track? 6 months???

On 6/8/2019 at 3:07 PM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Well, I thought I would let everyone know how this issue turned out.

To update this story, my books were eventually found; sometime in June, I believe. Melissa offered to sell them back to me, but I decided that I didn't need duplicate copies. I should have posted this earlier, but July and early August were very hectic for our family (17-day cruise of the Baltic Sea in July, my son getting married in early August).

Joe

18 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

To update this story, my books were eventually found; sometime in June, I believe. Melissa offered to sell them back to me, but I decided that I didn't need duplicate copies. I should have posted this earlier, but July and early August were very hectic for our family (17-day cruise of the Baltic Sea in July, my son getting married in early August).

Joe

:tink:

2 hours ago, Ariellazo said:

My books finally hit Grading/Quality Control status lol anyone have any clue how much longer till the grades show?

Hey!  Great to hear...I think I just added information to a different thread about your situation.

The shortest I've ever had to wait was three days and the longest was 10 days.  But all always worked out well...

DJ