At what point do you call CGC to check on your submissions?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

1 post

My submissions status says CGC has received my comics on Feb 21, all modern,Been 75 days and still in received status, worried that I might not be able to use my $150 credit that expires on the 22th of May if they take much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,707 posts

No harm in calling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437 posts

I agree with @revat

I would definitely mention that your account is going to lapse and you have unused credit you intended to utilize on this submission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,706 posts

22th of May? Must be from an alternate Earth.

Wouldn't hurt to call them whenever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 posts
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 11:50 PM, demonmoose said:

My submissions status says CGC has received my comics on Feb 21, all modern,Been 75 days and still in received status, worried that I might not be able to use my $150 credit that expires on the 22th of May if they take much longer. 

Greetings...did you happen to also include CCS pressing/cleaning services?  If so, the submissions will show "Received" until CCS has completed their work and moved the comic books to CGC.  Then the status will update and the date will change.  I had sent in 3 moderns for CCS pressing on October 27, 2018, and they finally moved to "Scheduled for Grading" (with the contents details available) on March 8, 2019. 

If you did use CCS, current turnaround time is about 16-18 weeks.

Hope this helps!

DJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 posts

CGC received on May 1st according to my USPS tracking

CGC status changed to scheduled for grading on May 8th.

Mine submission didn't show up on website until today.  I didn't call, I trust the process.  I'm going to do another sub in a few day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
277 posts

 

On 5/6/2019 at 11:50 PM, demonmoose said:

My submissions status says CGC has received my comics on Feb 21, all modern,Been 75 days and still in received status, worried that I might not be able to use my $150 credit that expires on the 22th of May if they take much longer.

That is a crazy long time to wait.  They need to hire more people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160 posts
On 5/7/2019 at 5:53 PM, Crops068 said:

I agree with @revat

I would definitely mention that your account is going to lapse and you have unused credit you intended to utilize on this submission.

That's what you should do. btw I thik its worth it to pay the extra for a higher tier or fast track, for health reasons of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this comment, but I hesitate to create a new stream as I've little experience here.  I just dropped off my most expensive comics for grading at the CGC booth at the Motor City Comic Con.  I had gone thru the online process to submit them.  I was shocked at how they gave me nothing physical to confirm that they had my books in their possession.  In fact, they acted very condescending about the whole thing, like I was silly to want something.  They kept telling me not to worry, and explained their process behind the curtains.  Anything can happen: books can get misplaced, something can get taken or just confused.  It left me feeling very scared that I'd just left my prized books there with no verification from CGC that they had them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160 posts
2 minutes ago, Baxter Building said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this comment, but I hesitate to create a new stream as I've little experience here.  I just dropped off my most expensive comics for grading at the CGC booth at the Motor City Comic Con.  I had gone thru the online process to submit them.  I was shocked at how they gave me nothing physical to confirm that they had my books in their possession.  In fact, they acted very condescending about the whole thing, like I was silly to want something.  They kept telling me not to worry, and explained their process behind the curtains.  Anything can happen: books can get misplaced, something can get taken or just confused.  It left me feeling very scared that I'd just left my prized books there with no verification from CGC that they had them.

 

I can tell you about my recent experience that will add to your concern.

I planned on attending C2E2 in Chicago. I had four books (Amazing Spider-Man #101, #194, #300, #361) that I wanted graded, so I entered these books into the online form, where I indicated that I would be dropping them off at C2E2. I printed out the form and stored it with my books. On Friday, March 22, 2019, I dropped off these four books at the CGC booth. Somewhere around the first week of April, I called to find out my books would be marked as received, and I was told that employees were still unpacking books from that show. I waited 2-3 more weeks, and called again. At this time, I was asked for my order number. I told the person that I was not given any information regarding an order number or an invoice. The person I talked to insisted that I should have been given an order number and an invoice. I waited another week, and I called again and asked to speak with a manager (I believe her name was Melissa). I told Melissa that I could remember the person to whom I handed my books (she was a female employee with a very distinctive feature). Melissa told me that when books are received, they are put into a bag with the order form I brought with me to the show. Melissa also believes that my books are somewhere on the premises, but someone is going to have to look through pile after pile to find my books. Lastly, Melissa told me that I would not be charged for the grading, which is nice.

So, as of today, it has been 60 days (41 workdays) since I dropped off my books. I honestly have no idea if these books will ever be found, and I also don't know what legal recourse I will have, since I was not given an order number, an invoice, or an receipt when I dropped off my books at C2E2.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? If so, how was it resolved? Did you find the resolution to be acceptable?

Thanks!

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

Wow Joe, that is definitely scary.  I did at least think to take pictures of my books sitting on the CGC table, then of the guy taking my books.

I was really, really surprised at how casual and dismissive they were about my concerns as to what was happening with my books.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
902 posts

I've never dropped books off at a show, but it just seems like getting a receipt would be SOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437 posts
1 hour ago, Baxter Building said:

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this comment, but I hesitate to create a new stream as I've little experience here.  I just dropped off my most expensive comics for grading at the CGC booth at the Motor City Comic Con.  I had gone thru the online process to submit them.  I was shocked at how they gave me nothing physical to confirm that they had my books in their possession.  In fact, they acted very condescending about the whole thing, like I was silly to want something.  They kept telling me not to worry, and explained their process behind the curtains.  Anything can happen: books can get misplaced, something can get taken or just confused.  It left me feeling very scared that I'd just left my prized books there with no verification from CGC that they had them.

 

I can only give you my recommendation of what I did when I brought my books in.

Take a picture of the paperwork and books you are submitting.  That way you will have a copy that includes the information and the submission #.  CGC booth rep should provide you one of the copies of the paperwork back, but I found that the transfer paper is not very effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437 posts
10 minutes ago, Baxter Building said:

Wow Joe, that is definitely scary.  I did at least think to take pictures of my books sitting on the CGC table, then of the guy taking my books.

I was really, really surprised at how casual and dismissive they were about my concerns as to what was happening with my books.

It will take them a little while to get the books checked in as well.  The 6 submissions I had, in total, from Fan Expo Dallas took exactly 7 days to start trickling in and all were on my status page 11 days after submitting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,124 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I can tell you about my recent experience that will add to your concern.

I planned on attending C2E2 in Chicago. I had four books (Amazing Spider-Man #101, #194, #300, #361) that I wanted graded, so I entered these books into the online form, where I indicated that I would be dropping them off at C2E2. I printed out the form and stored it with my books. On Friday, March 22, 2019, I dropped off these four books at the CGC booth. Somewhere around the first week of April, I called to find out my books would be marked as received, and I was told that employees were still unpacking books from that show. I waited 2-3 more weeks, and called again. At this time, I was asked for my order number. I told the person that I was not given any information regarding an order number or an invoice. The person I talked to insisted that I should have been given an order number and an invoice. I waited another week, and I called again and asked to speak with a manager (I believe her name was Melissa). I told Melissa that I could remember the person to whom I handed my books (she was a female employee with a very distinctive feature). Melissa told me that when books are received, they are put into a bag with the order form I brought with me to the show. Melissa also believes that my books are somewhere on the premises, but someone is going to have to look through pile after pile to find my books. Lastly, Melissa told me that I would not be charged for the grading, which is nice.

So, as of today, it has been 60 days (41 workdays) since I dropped off my books. I honestly have no idea if these books will ever be found, and I also don't know what legal recourse I will have, since I was not given an order number, an invoice, or an receipt when I dropped off my books at C2E2.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? If so, how was it resolved? Did you find the resolution to be acceptable?

Thanks!

 

Joe

Hello Joe, when you got the online form to print out to bring to the con, the "order number" is on that sheet. Provided that you put in an email as well when filling out your info, as soon as you hit to print, CGC should have sent you an email of the paper, so you should be able to research your email to find the order number :) 

:foryou: hope that helps....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160 posts
4 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hello Joe, when you got the online form to print out to bring to the con, the "order number" is on that sheet. Provided that you put in an email as well when filling out your info, as soon as you hit to print, CGC should have sent you an email of the paper, so you should be able to research your email to find the order number :) 

:foryou: hope that helps....

I'm not sure why I needed to e-mail my order number into CGC; I entered all my information into the online form as directed by the website. I honestly don't remember getting any such e-mail back from them. I did ask about the following: if I entered all my information into a form on CGC's website, then surely that information has to be stored somewhere. I was told that nothing happens with that information until the books are mailed to CGC or they receive the print-out and books at a convention.

And everyone can tell me all you want that I should have received a receipt from a CGC employee. I didn't. Neither did Baxter Building. What do either of us have to gain by making up a story like this?

Yes, in retrospect, I should have taken pictures of my books and the printed form that I submitted. However, I have reading the boards since November of 2018, and I have not seen any messages where other people have had this issue. Can anyone provide me a link to a thread where someone discusses a problem like mine? Also, CGC has been doing convention drop-off for some time, and the person who helped me should have known to give me a receipt. I'm not at fault, and neither is Baxter Building. I entered my information into the online form, as I was directed to. I then printed out this form and kept it with the comics I intended to have graded. I submitted my comics and the paper form to the CGC booth at C2E2. If you have ever been to a CGC booth at a convention, you know how hectic it can be. I never thought to ask for a receipt, since CGC didn't offer me one, and I assumed that they knew what they were doing.

CGC has been trying to help me for the last month or so. I am just worried that I will never see my comics again, nor will I have any legal recourse to get CGC to make financial restitution for my lost books. I can identify the employee to whom I handed the books; as I stated, she had a very distinctive feature (which I don't think is appropriate to discuss). I've asked to be allowed to talk to this employee, but no such luck. Besides, by now, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this employee would remember this transaction.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that I am "screwed" in regard to this matter. I do find it hard to believe that my books, out of ALL the books that were submitted at C2E2, were the only books to get lost. To me, these books must be somewhere within the confines of the CGC facility. However, I can't even to begin to imagine how many book are at the facility. If only one person is tasked with the job of going through all the books to find my books, that will most likely take until the 12th of Never. If I attempt to sue CGC to get the money to replace these books, it will be "my word" against "CGC's word." Anyone want to hazard a guess on how that will turn out?

I did post pictures of my books into the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" forum.

Amazing Spider-Man #361: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448597-pgm-ams-361/

Amazing Spider-Man #300: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448474-pgm-asm-300/

Amazing Spider-Man #194: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448413-pgm-asm-194/

Amazing Spider-Man #101: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/447884-pgm-asm-101/

So please, don't tell me that I made a mistake. I realize that now. I should have taken pictures of my books at the CGC booth, along with the order form, as well as insisting that I receive a receipt. But, as I stated, the CGC booth was SO hectic, and I'm not sure that I could have even done that. The CGC employee and I were lucky to be able to find a place just to set these books down while I was submitting them. Also, I just wanted to get my books dropped off so I could head back to my motel to rest. because I was "dog-tired."

Sorry if I sound "person_without_enough_empathyy", but this whole process has been very frustrating. I have no confidence that this will be resolved to my satisfaction.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,124 posts
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I'm not sure why I needed to e-mail my order number into CGC; I entered all my information into the online form as directed by the website. I honestly don't remember getting any such e-mail back from them. I did ask about the following: if I entered all my information into a form on CGC's website, then surely that information has to be stored somewhere. I was told that nothing happens with that information until the books are mailed to CGC or they receive the print-out and books at a convention.

And everyone can tell me all you want that I should have received a receipt from a CGC employee. I didn't. Neither did Baxter Building. What do either of us have to gain by making up a story like this?

Yes, in retrospect, I should have taken pictures of my books and the printed form that I submitted. However, I have reading the boards since November of 2018, and I have not seen any messages where other people have had this issue. Can anyone provide me a link to a thread where someone discusses a problem like mine? Also, CGC has been doing convention drop-off for some time, and the person who helped me should have known to give me a receipt. I'm not at fault, and neither is Baxter Building. I entered my information into the online form, as I was directed to. I then printed out this form and kept it with the comics I intended to have graded. I submitted my comics and the paper form to the CGC booth at C2E2. If you have ever been to a CGC booth at a convention, you know how hectic it can be. I never thought to ask for a receipt, since CGC didn't offer me one, and I assumed that they knew what they were doing.

CGC has been trying to help me for the last month or so. I am just worried that I will never see my comics again, nor will I have any legal recourse to get CGC to make financial restitution for my lost books. I can identify the employee to whom I handed the books; as I stated, she had a very distinctive feature (which I don't think is appropriate to discuss). I've asked to be allowed to talk to this employee, but no such luck. Besides, by now, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this employee would remember this transaction.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that I am "screwed" in regard to this matter. I do find it hard to believe that my books, out of ALL the books that were submitted at C2E2, were the only books to get lost. To me, these books must be somewhere within the confines of the CGC facility. However, I can't even to begin to imagine how many book are at the facility. If only one person is tasked with the job of going through all the books to find my books, that will most likely take until the 12th of Never. If I attempt to sue CGC to get the money to replace these books, it will be "my word" against "CGC's word." Anyone want to hazard a guess on how that will turn out?

I did post pictures of my books into the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" forum.

Amazing Spider-Man #361: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448597-pgm-ams-361/

Amazing Spider-Man #300: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448474-pgm-asm-300/

Amazing Spider-Man #194: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448413-pgm-asm-194/

Amazing Spider-Man #101: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/447884-pgm-asm-101/

So please, don't tell me that I made a mistake. I realize that now. I should have taken pictures of my books at the CGC booth, along with the order form, as well as insisting that I receive a receipt. But, as I stated, the CGC booth was SO hectic, and I'm not sure that I could have even done that. The CGC employee and I were lucky to be able to find a place just to set these books down while I was submitting them. Also, I just wanted to get my books dropped off so I could head back to my motel to rest. because I was "dog-tired."

Sorry if I sound "person_without_enough_empathyy", but this whole process has been very frustrating. I have no confidence that this will be resolved to my satisfaction.

 

Joe

Joe,

i haven't said that it was your fault, beacuse it wasn't....

i dropped off books at a con for the first time this year and i did not receive a receipt nor took photo's....

mine were entered into the system the following week though...

you asked where you could find a receipt, i simply told you where to find it, in your email. I'm more than sure that cgc has your books and will find them to process. You don't really need the receipt for that to happen, books have been "not found" recently as a month ago....

it happened to me with an incredible hulk 181 signed by stan lee at the end of last year.... when i submitted for pressing....

so people know what your going through :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
437 posts
2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I'm not sure why I needed to e-mail my order number into CGC; I entered all my information into the online form as directed by the website. I honestly don't remember getting any such e-mail back from them. I did ask about the following: if I entered all my information into a form on CGC's website, then surely that information has to be stored somewhere. I was told that nothing happens with that information until the books are mailed to CGC or they receive the print-out and books at a convention.

And everyone can tell me all you want that I should have received a receipt from a CGC employee. I didn't. Neither did Baxter Building. What do either of us have to gain by making up a story like this?

Yes, in retrospect, I should have taken pictures of my books and the printed form that I submitted. However, I have reading the boards since November of 2018, and I have not seen any messages where other people have had this issue. Can anyone provide me a link to a thread where someone discusses a problem like mine? Also, CGC has been doing convention drop-off for some time, and the person who helped me should have known to give me a receipt. I'm not at fault, and neither is Baxter Building. I entered my information into the online form, as I was directed to. I then printed out this form and kept it with the comics I intended to have graded. I submitted my comics and the paper form to the CGC booth at C2E2. If you have ever been to a CGC booth at a convention, you know how hectic it can be. I never thought to ask for a receipt, since CGC didn't offer me one, and I assumed that they knew what they were doing.

CGC has been trying to help me for the last month or so. I am just worried that I will never see my comics again, nor will I have any legal recourse to get CGC to make financial restitution for my lost books. I can identify the employee to whom I handed the books; as I stated, she had a very distinctive feature (which I don't think is appropriate to discuss). I've asked to be allowed to talk to this employee, but no such luck. Besides, by now, it is HIGHLY unlikely that this employee would remember this transaction.

I have pretty much accepted the fact that I am "screwed" in regard to this matter. I do find it hard to believe that my books, out of ALL the books that were submitted at C2E2, were the only books to get lost. To me, these books must be somewhere within the confines of the CGC facility. However, I can't even to begin to imagine how many book are at the facility. If only one person is tasked with the job of going through all the books to find my books, that will most likely take until the 12th of Never. If I attempt to sue CGC to get the money to replace these books, it will be "my word" against "CGC's word." Anyone want to hazard a guess on how that will turn out?

I did post pictures of my books into the "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?" forum.

Amazing Spider-Man #361: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448597-pgm-ams-361/

Amazing Spider-Man #300: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448474-pgm-asm-300/

Amazing Spider-Man #194: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/448413-pgm-asm-194/

Amazing Spider-Man #101: https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/447884-pgm-asm-101/

So please, don't tell me that I made a mistake. I realize that now. I should have taken pictures of my books at the CGC booth, along with the order form, as well as insisting that I receive a receipt. But, as I stated, the CGC booth was SO hectic, and I'm not sure that I could have even done that. The CGC employee and I were lucky to be able to find a place just to set these books down while I was submitting them. Also, I just wanted to get my books dropped off so I could head back to my motel to rest. because I was "dog-tired."

Sorry if I sound "person_without_enough_empathyy", but this whole process has been very frustrating. I have no confidence that this will be resolved to my satisfaction.

 

Joe

I hope you didn't take my comments as blame towards you, just help as was asked for.   It is frustrating, I absolutely understand that.  I had a slight taste of it, @ADAMANTIUM can attest to it, and I literally mean slight. 

Nobody wants you to be out any books, far from it, we want you to get your books back and them be graded and this be behind you.

Hindsight is 20/20, all we can do is speculate with you, tell our collective stories and give you hope.

So here's some hope that your books are found soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
160 posts

@ADAMANTIUM and @Crops068,

I'm sorry for sounding "snippy" in my reply. I am VERY frustrated, but I have no right to take it out on you.

ADAMANTIUM, if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take CGC to "find" your book? What was their explanation? What did they do to "make things right"?

Again, I apologize for my rant.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1