• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody ever have a CGC shipment refused?

9 posts in this topic

I sent a GSXM1 9.0 to them for reholdering... it had multiple cracks in the case, which I didn't even realize when I bought it... 19 years ago.

Checked tracking to see if they got it... and they'd refused it. O.o

Would it be due to damage? (thank GOD I bought insurance on it) The customer service desk couldn't tell me any specifics.

23 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I sent a GSXM1 9.0 to them for reholdering... it had multiple cracks in the case, which I didn't even realize when I bought it... 19 years ago.

Would it be due to damage? (thank GOD I bought insurance on it) The customer service desk couldn't tell me any specifics.

Happened to me for a Saturday delivery. It was delivered to CGC on Monday and everything was fine. 

Edited by Twisted_Road

44 minutes ago, Twisted_Road said:

Happened to me for a Saturday delivery. It was delivered to CGC on Monday and everything was fine. 

This happened yesterday. But maybe it will turn out the same. Fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Yes, I have had this happened to me twice.

The first time because the box was damaged by USPS during delivery.  After being refused by CGC it did arrive back and because of my packing and it being double boxed the books were not damaged.

The second time was because I was sending the books out to CGC on a Saturday and it was getting close to closing time for the post office and in my rush I forgot to pack the invoice.  I re-opened the box, added the invoice in and resealed it.  When it arrived CGC refused it because it had looked like someone might have done what I in fact did do.  Those books ultimately got back to me as well.

Good luck with everything! 

6 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

The second time was because I was sending the books out to CGC on a Saturday and it was getting close to closing time for the post office and in my rush I forgot to pack the invoice.  I re-opened the box, added the invoice in and resealed it.  When it arrived CGC refused it because it had looked like someone might have done what I in fact did do.  Those books ultimately got back to me as well.

If anyone from CGC is reading this, I VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE EXTRA EFFORT OF EXAMINING BOXES FOR TAMPERING. VERY VERY MUCH.

I know it can be a hassle on rare occasions, but it is GOOD POLICY. Please keep it up. Thank you.

I had CGC refuse a box that Included Hulk 181 and other raw books. Came back to me completely mangled and retaped in the most absurd way with USPS tape. But no damage to the books. I had insurance and opened a claim for reshipping. Got that back from USPS without issue and resent.