How to accept payments on eBay
0

31 posts in this topic

224 posts
12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Not many, granted. Maybe 3-4 times in the last 4 years...but it can add up really fast. I just don't know what to do now. I sell a $2,000 book, I want the buyer to be happy, and if they're not, I'm going to take the return, no questions asked...but that would cost me $58...plus original shipping ($40 or so)...plus return shipping if they decide it's "not as described." 

It's getting bad out there in e-commerce...

For a $2000 book you could list with another party like comiclink and let them deal with all the trouble. Compared to eBay, fees are almost the same and don’t need to worry about returns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,854 posts
4 hours ago, Poka said:

For a $2000 book you could list with another party like comiclink and let them deal with all the trouble. Compared to eBay, fees are almost the same and don’t need to worry about returns

Comiclink is not an option. They do not (generally) deal in the type of books I deal with (Sig Series), they do not have the clientele for these types of books, $2,000 is a rarity for me (I deal in the $100-$500 range), and they take forever to pay. 

Other than that, they'd be perfect. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,428 posts

:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,504 posts
23 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Not many, granted. Maybe 3-4 times in the last 4 years...but it can add up really fast. I just don't know what to do now. I sell a $2,000 book, I want the buyer to be happy, and if they're not, I'm going to take the return, no questions asked...but that would cost me $58...plus original shipping ($40 or so)...plus return shipping if they decide it's "not as described." 

It's getting bad out there in e-commerce...

Someone has some chutzpah to return a slab as "not as described" unless there is a crack or something in there.  Dunno why you should be on the hook for any shipping. that's nonsense. They're buying the grade on the label, not the book!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,117 posts
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

On the bright side, eBay did say that their "getting tougher on bad buyers"

Hopefully it evens out :wishluck:

That's the funniest :censored: I've heard so far this week!

I've got some clown, with 11,000+ positive feedback no less, trying to return a $15 book because I allegedly didn't disclose water damage.  Never mind that I extensively wrote about the wavy appearance, water stain, and feel of the book all indicating moisture exposure.  I've messaged and reported the buyer's falsehood, but I'm sure I'm going to lose in the end, so stay tuned to the blocked user list thread.

Anyway, back on the original point -- do what I do RMA:  Pray.  And hope.  Hope your buyer is on the level.  Also, maybe donate a few bills to your favorite charity for some additional karma points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,090 posts
5 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
On 5/7/2019 at 2:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

On the bright side, eBay did say that their "getting tougher on bad buyers"

Hopefully it evens out :wishluck:

That's the funniest :censored: I've heard so far this week!

I've got some clown, with 11,000+ positive feedback no less, trying to return a $15 book because I allegedly didn't disclose water damage.  Never mind that I extensively wrote about the wavy appearance, water stain, and feel of the book all indicating moisture exposure.  I've messaged and reported the buyer's falsehood, but I'm sure I'm going to lose in the end, so stay tuned to the blocked user list thread.

Anyway, back on the original point -- do what I do RMA:  Pray.  And hope.  Hope your buyer is on the level.  Also, maybe donate a few bills to your favorite charity for some additional karma points.

Ha ya a lot of :makepoint: and wishful thinking on my part lol

:tink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,018 posts
3 hours ago, the blob said:

Someone has some chutzpah to return a slab as "not as described" unless there is a crack or something in there.  Dunno why you should be on the hook for any shipping. that's nonsense. They're buying the grade on the label, not the book!

I had one just a month ago.  It was a modern 9.8.  Guy didn't agree with CGC's grade and the micro chamber paper was sticking out.  Guess who won...I'll give you a hint it wasn't me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,090 posts
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:
4 hours ago, the blob said:

Someone has some chutzpah to return a slab as "not as described" unless there is a crack or something in there.  Dunno why you should be on the hook for any shipping. that's nonsense. They're buying the grade on the label, not the book!

I had one just a month ago.  It was a modern 9.8.  Guy didn't agree with CGC's grade and the micro chamber paper was sticking out.  Guess who won...I'll give you a hint it wasn't me.

Would putting 3rd party graded in your listing description give you an out? If "they" didn't agree with the "grade"?

Edit: then maybe they could take it up with the 3rd party grader?

I mean at this point your selling a cgc product... ???

 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,090 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Would putting 3rd party graded in your listing description give you an out? If "they" didn't agree with the "grade"?

Edit: then maybe they could take it up with the 3rd party grader?

I mean at this point your selling a cgc product... ???

 

How about cgc copy 3rd party graded 9.8

Then they can't say it is not as described...? :wishluck:

 

downloadfile-5.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18,157 posts

It is the cost of doing business when they can dictate like that, but on the bright side they are leaving soon.

Who knows what it will be like after that. 

Slabs seem to have a much higher return rate then raws by far. I cant remember my last return other then one or two the 
post office destroyed.

Mycomicshop for slabs is another option I know several sellers that do very well using them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,050 posts

Based on my own experience, this PayPal refund policy will wreak havoc on raw GA sales.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
0