• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LA COMIC ART SHOW is SATURDAY, MAY 11th!
1 1

24 posts in this topic

The LA COMIC ART SHOW on Saturday, MAY 11.

10 AM - 4 PM.

This is the ONLY art show in LA dedicated to comic art exclusively. No comics, JUST ART!

Hilton Garden Inn Los Angeles/Redondo Beach
2410 Marine Avenue
Redondo Beach, California 90278
TEL: +1-310-727-9999

FREE PARKING

Admission is $10.

You don't want to miss this show.

Art dealers and collector tables expected:

• Tri-State Original Art (Hans Kosenkranius)
  • Genesis West (Mike Thibodeaux)
  • Koch Comicart (Pete Koch)
  • IDW Publishing (Scot Dunbier)
  • Cool Lines Art (Rich Donnelly)
  • Josh Gray
  • Leo Chua
  • Nostalgic Investments (Bechara Maalouf)
  • Odyssey Comic Art (Saul Zimmerman)
  • Panel Page Art (Glen Brunswick)
  • Jack Kirby Museum and Research Center (Tom Kraft)

Hey Glenn,

Not sure who is putting on the show - but as you posted about it - wanted to ask a question about vendors. Anyone who knows - feel free to post a response.

Given the constant negative feedback collectors give about coollines- why are they allowed to participate in these events. They alter artwork, have shady pricing practices and are known to have misrepresented art as well. Most seasoned collectors view any art held by them as if it were burned in a fire. 

Just a thought.

8 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

Hey Glenn,

Not sure who is putting on the show - but as you posted about it - wanted to ask a question about vendors. Anyone who knows - feel free to post a response.

Given the constant negative feedback collectors give about coollines- why are they allowed to participate in these events. They alter artwork, have shady pricing practices and are known to have misrepresented art as well. Most seasoned collectors view any art held by them as if it were burned in a fire. 

Just a thought.

I once bought something from them and it was fine. Also, at shows, the Donnelly who shows up is a nice guy--just a tough bargainer. And, not everything he brings is priced excessively (just the stuff I really want).

I went and went though the art portfolios and stacks for the first time.  I usually don't do that.  Mostly they were a bit higher end sellers out of what I want to spend and not usually things I collect.  Big on the silver and bronze age and not too much recent and lower priced items.  

I met a nice guy who brought his own collection and wasn't a professional dealer.  He was selling his own things.  He doesn't post his collection so his nice pieces were in a black hole.  It was mostly lower priced items but it was great to see.  As I was about to leave without finding anything in my collecting wheelhouse, I glanced at an open portfolio and it was just something I was looking for.  

I used to collect baseball cards and go to small hotel card shows in the late 1980s.  This was the kind of small nice show that it reminded me of.  I thought it was nice and relaxing.  I don't hear about small baseball card shows like that anymore.  I think ebay ended that business model.  It seemed like many of the dealers didn't have all the stuff online (like the great piece I found) so I was glad I went in person.  I liked how there was the nominal $10 entrance fee and you could bring your spouse for free.  

4 hours ago, J.Sid said:

Got there after lunch, so missed the morning flurry, but here are a few pics I took...

IMG-5128.thumb.jpg.e98e8a402275b612125c4f6acd161da0.jpg

First thanks 1,000,000 for posting pictures of the show.  I am always amazed at the folks that post pics, taking time out from themselves viewing the show to snag some photos to share.  (worship)

Second, like how whoever's booth this is put big prices on their stuff. :applause:

1 hour ago, Timely said:

Anybody know who's booth has that Spectacular Spider-Man cover? It's two rows above that huge Kull piece.

That one was Saul Zimmerman's booth. He brought a lot of cool stuff.

30 minutes ago, artcollector9 said:

the show didn't seem well attended... any info? 

I would have loved to go down to the show but a number of things have come up and I wasn't able to go. Look forward to possibly attending one in the future.