• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ist Official Post Your Original Art Here!!!!!

45 posts in this topic

This is my first page of published art. I just had to pick this one up. It has many of the great Marvel heroes and the price was WAY under what it should have been (IMO) so I couldn't pass it up. I'm not familiar with what book it is from, though. Can anyone help with this? It says that it's page 4 from the Frito Lay story. Is this something that already came out or is it an upcoming book? Any help would be appreciated.

**edited to remove scanning info that isn't needed**

Marvel-Lim.jpg

Hey, that's a nice piece of art. However, I have no idea where it came from.

I think most people scan the images in 2 parts, scanning first the bottom, then the top, and then putting the 2 images together in photoshop or a similar application.

Me, I am personally happy with the quality that I can get from just taking a picture with my digital camera, but the quality is definitely not as good as scanning it...

Here are two of my original art pieces. Perhaps small fry type of stuff compared to the lot of you, but I love 'em just the same.

This is the cover of Wicked West, and original graphic novel drawn by Neil Vokes:

vokeswickedwest.jpg

And this is from Judo Girl by Nadir Balan:

judobalan.jpg

(sorry for the poor graphics...I only have a cheapo camera)

I just finished a deal for this Double Page Spread. Havent got it in yet, but I'm pretty excited so I wanted to post it here.

I've always loved Portacio and, thanks to his disappearing act (and lame Wetworks series), his stuff is cheap in comparison to the rest of the Image crew.

886317-whilce.jpg

886317-whilce.jpg.0eb338da88b298988c94645f5a424b50.jpg

I bet that cost a boat load of cash how large is it is it a 2 up or larger

Actually, I was surprised that it wasn't that expensive at all, especially when compared to what OA goes for.

What do you mean by "2 up"?

Just got this bad boy back from the frame shop. It's by Joyce Chin and is the cover for Dracula Wars # 1 and features Tomb Raider, Witchblade, Darkness, Magdalena, and, of course, good ol' Dracula...

draculawars1joycechincover3ag.jpg

Hey Steve, you should start a ComicArtFans gallery. With all the nice pieces you've been posting here lately, your collection must be getting pretty darn nice. It'd be cool to be able to check it all out in one place!

Some good friends of mine are putting a website together for my art and my daughters superhero toy collection (Thanks guys acclaim.gif). I will have the link under my sig line so everyone can come visit yay.gif