• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed - Low Grade Gold in these here hills (GGA, PCH, Romance - mostly Romance)
2 2

20 posts in this topic

I've been buying and buying, and I figured I should share the love and post a few books for YOU all to buy! These are some great books, but low grade (complete except where noted). Mostly GGA/Romance books - even a few Bakers! And an LB Cole! 

So the rules:

Usual bad people stay away (HOS, Probies, etc).

First :takeit:in the thread wins, trumps PM deals, conditional takes, etc. If we agree on a deal run, do not walk, to post in the thread to secure the deal!!!

PayPal, checks and Money orders ok. Checks/money orders have to clear before book(s) shipped.

$5 shipping for 1 to a billion books (as long as they are all on this thread) in CONUS. Canada and other foreign type places we can work out shipping costs.

I am going to leave this up until at least Thursday, May 9th, midnight. May go until Friday. Basically it isn't over until I edit the Title to say "Closed"

OFFERS WELCOME!!!!!

Let the games begin!

Edited by Qua-Brot

First is Girls' Life - Patsy Walker's own Magazine for Girls! #2. According to CGC as I understand the new rules this would be considered incomplete? Big chunk out of front cover (by Al Hartley) but otherwise complete and nice. Cover is detached bottom staple, hanging on at top staple. Interior is fully attached, with great color and page quality (OW to W).

None on the CGC census (and logically no GPA sales data). One recently sold on eBay for $62- while it was all attached and had much more of the front cover it was a much worse for wear copy.  I'm asking $45

Comic895.jpg

Comic896.jpg

Junior Miss 33 - beautiful Marvel GGA, just missing a bit of the book. And the front cover is covered in writing. And the back cover is covered in much more writing . . .

Missing 4 (FOUR!!!) center wraps. Still has a nice amount of beautiful GGA and white pages. Asking $30.

Comic893.jpg

Comic894.jpg

Youthful Hearts 2, an amazing swimsuit cover (by Goldfarb Baer). A hidden gem in my eyes.

This one has a detached cover and centerfold, but everything is there. Spine is rough. Cream to off white pages.

No one has bothered to get one graded, again GPA isn't helpful (because no one has been cooperative! come on people!!!). No eBay data. Heritage sold one like 5 years ago, which is worthless for this day and age. Things move to fast. 

I'm going to ask a crazy $65. Its a great cover!

Comic891.jpg

Comic892.jpg

Youthful Romances 14. An actually complete and intact comic! Except for the Rat chew bottom right edge . . . considerate rat left the interior art alone. Anyway, this is another cover that should be amongst the classics, if it isn't already. Feldstein-esque bathing beauty in the moonlight. Even better than the previous listing. Everything attached, spine split to just below top staple (staple attached to front cover, not back), cream supple pages. Rat chew!

2 on the census, the 9.2 sold about a year and a half ago for $572 . . . I'm asking a cool $85 . . . 

Comic889.jpg

Comic890.jpg

The Romances of Nurse Helen Grant 1. Only issue of this Atlas title. 2.0 to 2.5. Colletta cover and art. Centerfold detached at top staple, otherwise everything is still attached and complete. 

A CGC 4.0 sold for $340. Asking $135. 

Comic887.jpg

Comic888.jpg

Dr. Anthony King, Hollywood Love Doctor 1. Not only is this title not ironic, it is a mouthful. More so than The Romances of Nurse Helen Carter above. And on the first page we learn he is a Psychologist (calling Dr. Wertheimer!). 

Cover almost completely split, hanging on by bottom staple. Interior is solid and tight. Nothing on Census or GPA. No recently sold on eBay

Ask $20

Comic883.jpg

Comic884.jpg

Approved Comics 6, aka Daring Adventures. Matt Baker cover, Krigstein art. 

Spine split to bottom staple, and there wasn't no none never top staple, so that means the cover is detached. Centerfold tight and complete. Nice looking book. 

$25

Comic879.jpg

Comic880.jpg

Now we get to the good stuff!!!!

Mysteries 3 (sometimes known as Mysteries Weird and Strange). Nice 3.0 to 3.5. Spine rough, fully attached, interior solid and fully attached as well. Great page quality (OW/W).

Superior (comic) Pre-Code Horror! Skulls cover. Decapitated head cover! Weird hand cover . . . ?

A CGC 3.0 sold for $177.50 on eBay. I'm asking $189.

Comic881.jpg

Comic882.jpg

Popular Teen-agers 12. LB Cole cover. Jay Disbrow art. 

Bad news is cover is detached and fully split. Interior is complete and attached. See scans for where pieces are missing. Nice colors on this cover. 

ONE on the census, no GPA info. No eBay sales. Nothing on Heritage . . . is this really that hard to find? 

Asking $195. 

Comic877.jpg

Comic878.jpg

Girl Confessions 26, classic cover and not so easy to find. 

This is a bright copy, coming in around 3.0,1.5" Spine split at top, rip at bottom, last page has piece ripped out along edge (doesn't affect story), and a few pressable defects (storage bend back half of book, cover has some non-color breaking stressing). 

A CGC 4.5 sold here on the boards not too long ago for $795. I'm asking $380.

Comic875.jpg

Comic876.jpg

And the grand finale!

Teen Age Temptations 1. Incredible Baker cover. Book actually looks to be about a VG+ to VG/F (4.5-5.0) - except for that nice big Rat Chew on the right side. The Rat was considerate and stopped his gnawing before he got to the art inside, so all the stories are complete and undisturbed (if you can control yourself from glancing at the gaping Rat Chew right next to the story). 

Last GPA shows a 4.0 sold for $963 about 2 months ago. I'm going to ask $325.

Comic871.jpg

Comic872.jpg

7 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

Girl Confessions 26, classic cover and not so easy to find. 

This is a bright copy, coming in around 3.0,1.5" Spine split at top, rip at bottom, last page has piece ripped out along edge (doesn't affect story), and a few pressable defects (storage bend back half of book, cover has some non-color breaking stressing). 

A CGC 4.5 sold here on the boards not too long ago for $795. I'm asking $380.

Comic875.jpg

Comic876.jpg

I’ll Take It 

missed it since I sold it

22 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

Approved Comics 6, aka Daring Adventures. Matt Baker cover, Krigstein art. 

Spine split to bottom staple, and there wasn't no none never top staple, so that means the cover is detached. Centerfold tight and complete. Nice looking book. 

$25

Comic879.jpg

Comic880.jpg

21 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

And the grand finale!

Teen Age Temptations 1. Incredible Baker cover. Book actually looks to be about a VG+ to VG/F (4.5-5.0) - except for that nice big Rat Chew on the right side. The Rat was considerate and stopped his gnawing before he got to the art inside, so all the stories are complete and undisturbed (if you can control yourself from glancing at the gaping Rat Chew right next to the story). 

Last GPA shows a 4.0 sold for $963 about 2 months ago. I'm going to ask $325.

Comic871.jpg

Comic872.jpg

22 hours ago, Qua-Brot said:

Teen Age Romances 25, Baker Baker Baker! 

Front cover hanging on, back cover detached. Interior all there and attached. Lots of Baker art.

CGC 3.0 sold on Heritage recently for $504. I'm asking a paltry $200!

Comic873.jpg

Comic874.jpg

:takeit: