• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee's Autograph Authentic?

9 posts in this topic

I found another autograph. Apparently signed at a 1993 NewYork stockholder meeting(weird way to put it...maybe great eastern conventions?). 

Does this look real or fake to you?

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.43.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.43.20 AM.png

The picture is low res but that one looks like it may be legit.

Where are you “finding” these? Not every seller on ebay is reputable and even less so on Facebook. If you really want a Stan autograph that’s 100% legit, you should just buy a yellow label CGC Signature Series book. You don’t seem particular about the comic; you ought to be able to pick something up starting around $100, which is pretty much what his signing fee and encapsulation would have cost you in the first place, if not less. 

I find them on ebay. I tend to focus on the autographs and cgc comics differently, it's just that cgc chat boards tend to be the most accurate as well as most active. The yellow label comic books have become quite pricey after the passing of Stan Lee. They tend to go for at least 200 usd on ebay(for auction). If you have a site you would recommend, please! It would be appreciated. The individual autographs themselves also have skyrocketed in price(still 200 usd wether or not it is graded), and from what I've seen so far ebay is way cheaper...although it is a very risky gamble. I have to be quite flexible about it too, since I live in a foreign country and shipping tends to be crazy. It's true that not all ebay user are reputable, so I try to do my fair share of research, such as posting here. Thanks for your input!

Edited by Krispr

On 5/8/2019 at 10:46 AM, Krispr said:

I find them on ebay. I tend to focus on the autographs and cgc comics differently, it's just that cgc chat boards tend to be the most accurate as well as most active. The yellow label comic books have become quite pricey after the passing of Stan Lee. They tend to go for at least 200 usd on ebay(for auction). If you have a site you would recommend, please! It would be appreciated. The individual autographs themselves also have skyrocketed in price(still 200 usd wether or not it is graded), and from what I've seen so far ebay is way cheaper...although it is a very risky gamble. I have to be quite flexible about it too, since I live in a foreign country and shipping tends to be crazy. It's true that not all ebay user are reputable, so I try to do my fair share of research, such as posting here. Thanks for your input!

I think if you look and are patient, you can get a Sig Series book for much less than $200. Here are the first 3 I found in recent completed listings, and there’s plenty more.

New Mutants #1 STAN LEE SIGNED CGC 7.5

$130

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mutants-1-STAN-LEE-SIGNED-CGC-7-5-Origin-of-Karma-/264232259744?hash=item3d857850a0%3Ag%3Af7IAAOSwfYBchDzU&nma=true&si=VpcF1%252FWNTzoT9pSgXDFhJZij0wE%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Amazing Spider-Man #797 CGC 9.4 SS STAN LEE 

US $102.50

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-797-CGC-9-4-SS-STAN-LEE-Norman-Osborn-app-Alex-Ross-Cover-/303087922919?hash=item469172aee7%3Ag%3AazEAAOSwnDRcgO1e&nma=true&si=VpcF1%252FWNTzoT9pSgXDFhJZij0wE%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Cable 150 CGC SS Lenticular New Mutants 87 variant Stan Lee Liefeld 

US $107.50

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-150-CGC-SS-Lenticular-New-Mutants-87-variant-Stan-Lee-Liefeld-X-Men-Rare-1-/401755480148?hash=item5d8a7e2054%3Ag%3AOtIAAOSw1AZcwQ1l&nma=true&si=VpcF1%252FWNTzoT9pSgXDFhJZij0wE%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Nice! 

But the sad fact it is, again, I live in a foreign country. And ebay sellers tend to take advantage of these situations and makes you to pay outrageous shipping. 

New Mutant #1, shipping 29 dollars, so more or less 200 bucks.

Amazing Spiderman #797, shipping a whooping 55 dollars. 

Cable #150, 35 dollars, in addition to the fact that it clearly says only US Buyers.

It's true. If I wait a little bit or search hard enough, there might be one, but until I move anytime soon, it's not happening. 

On 5/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, Pontoon said:

Also for a general fyi, I live in Japan. The USD is stronger than the JPY. As a result, I have to deduct a little bit more from my JPY pay load, to meet the USD. I tend to focus on CGC and Autographs differently, since they are more financially sufficient. 

Thanks for the input though, I will search a little bit deeper.  

Edited by Krispr