• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*** MATT BAKER COVERS ONLY NO DUPLICATES***
7 7

423 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Where's Sqeggs? He can come on and just finish this off. :roflmao:

Now, the big question. Who is going to volunteer to take all these photos and put them consecutively in alpha numeric order all in one place?

I think you just did. Way to go man:golfclap:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Where's Sqeggs? He can come on and just finish this off. :roflmao:

Now, the big question. Who is going to volunteer to take all these photos and put them consecutively in alpha numeric order all in one place?

I posted originally to post covers one at a time. I have no problem doing the whole thing in alpha numeric order. Hopefully I'm able to.

The next Group of five books are probably most likely some of the ones left out by the 'experts'. GCD and/or The Art of Glamour tout these as Baker covers (pencils) with Colleta inks. With a resume like Bakers there had to be some cover assignments along with those interiors. I'm in agreement as these don't look like 'pure' sole Colleta works when compared with his other covers.

Though weakened by illness, you can still see touches of the master in these works. Compare the smiling woman on the left with smiling background women on other covers posted and you can see Baker had a hand in here. The profile of the woman on the right has Baker hallmarks too. Recent upgrade

img003.jpg

Edited by sagii

..and last but not least. One that i think may be his final cover 

..you may throw rocks at me now :fear:

Note: while I don't think the original OP is obligated to add the Atlas books to the 'official' checklist, much like robot man's sentiments for posting Phantom Lady 17 (though that has been credited as a Baker cover for many more years than these) I think they should stay in the Thread. Some may come to different conclusions after being able to see how they 'flow' in the Thread in terms of look/style along with the other covers 

My Own Romance #67.jpg

Edited by sagii

12 hours ago, RedFury said:

I didn't see this one yet.

It Rhymes With Lust, #nn 1950

I no longer own this copy, but it's a beauty.  When I had it slabbed it was the single highest graded copy at 8.0. There has since been a second 8.0 copy added to the census.  Here are my scans before and after slabbing.

nSQDAPqh.jpg

sH47iJgh.jpg

Thanks for posting that one Fury. I had totally forgotten that was a Baker cover even after looking at my own copy. doh!

10 hours ago, sagii said:

..and last but not least. One that i think may be his final cover 

..you may throw rocks at me now :fear:

Note: while I don't think the original OP is obligated to add the Atlas books to the 'official' checklist, much like robot man's sentiments for posting Phantom Lady 17 (though that has been credited as a Baker cover for many more years than these) I think they should stay in the Thread. Some may come to different conclusions after being able to see how they 'flow' in the Thread in terms of look/style along with the other covers 

My Own Romance #67.jpg

I say leave them in maybe with an *. They definitely have his hand in them. Thanks for posting the Quality and Atlas covers. I think they often get forgotten due to the tremendous amount of great work he did for St John. 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:44 AM, Robot Man said:

I still can't see it...:roflmao:

I tried uploading the front/back collage of 17Mb, but CGC didn't like that.  I'll reduce size and repost the better image...