• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coverless, wraps or single pages in CGC holders thread
1 1

63 posts in this topic

One of the things I really wish CGC would reassess is their stance on NG books in the CGC Comic Registry (not talking about the census). I really feel that coverless issues (either complete or mostly complete, not individual pages) should be allowed to be added to ones competitive set (albeit at almost no points regardless of value. 1 point across the board for all NG books, but allowed to fill the slot). We've already paid CGC to authenticate the issue, might as well let us use it for the registry :)

This would allow people to feel they actually have a chance at completing epic rare sets (as even owning an Action Comics #1 coverless is a damn impressive feat that should count towards owning the book in the registry sets), and thus spur more people towards buying books they might have otherwise not purchased or have graded just to fill out sets - I'm sure CGC would appreciate even more submissions by people on their quest to complete a set. I personally know there are a few golden age registry sets I honestly would consider completing if I could fill the biggest slot with a coverless copy (I know I won't ever be a contender for the top slot in that competitive set, but for me personally it's nice to see and allows the set to reach 100% completion).

Maybe it's just me though (shrug)

Edited by Sauce Dog

7 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

On the current CC auction there are some Sup 1 pages. This one says Page 7 Only just like the beauty above ^ . Is it the same page just flipped over? I can't see the back picture on the CC site.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/898367

sup1.14037.jpg

Yes same page. I asked mine be slabbed with the car lifting scene be on front.