• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel 1990 Tomb of Dracula ‘draft’ copy with covering letter from Bruce Costa

3 posts in this topic

Good evening 

I recently was given the above (see photographs) and have tried to research it without success on the internet, I can’t even find another copy having been sold or for sale on the obvious auction site. So I just wondered whether anyone had seen it before and can give me any background to it. Many thanks Shaun

EEE7CE36-58D2-4765-AAC2-31B3E31D9ACD.jpeg

643185B3-4673-4890-A9F9-B8D21F035A54.jpeg

That looks like an Advanced Preview Copy that was sent to comic book shops. Most of the major publishers would send these out to drum up sales. I've never seen a copy with that particular type of cover letter. I picked up a "100 Bullets #1" on ebay for around $25. Most of these type items sell for $10 -$30, although you will see people listing them for some obscene prices.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:23 PM, Sulley252 said:

Good evening 

I recently was given the above (see photographs) and have tried to research it without success on the internet, I can’t even find another copy having been sold or for sale on the obvious auction site. So I just wondered whether anyone had seen it before and can give me any background to it. Many thanks Shaun

EEE7CE36-58D2-4765-AAC2-31B3E31D9ACD.jpeg

643185B3-4673-4890-A9F9-B8D21F035A54.jpeg

It's an advance preview for this book:

s-l1600.jpg

Publishers have sent this type of letter and preview material out for decades, usually accompanied, as this is, with a sales pitch form letter, in the hopes of drumming up sales.