• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those who collect both OA and comics... how do you "balance" them?

22 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

If you ever decide you really want to, just ping me -- I have a contact at D&A who gave me a very fair deal on 37 slabs.  Had I pieced them out and sold separately, it would have been torture, and I never would've moved some of the non-keys.  Used the funds to obtain the best OA piece in my collection.

Thank you for the offer. I’ll keep it in mind if I can ever allow myself to let the comics go.

For what it matters, it feels much easier letting the comics go than OA as you can always get the comics backs (usually at a higher price) but once you let go of an OA piece, that gone forever.

Does it matter that I am based in the UK and not US?

11 minutes ago, Skizz said:

Thank you for the offer. I’ll keep it in mind if I can ever allow myself to let the comics go.

For what it matters, it feels much easier letting the comics go than OA as you can always get the comics backs (usually at a higher price) but once you let go of an OA piece, that gone forever.

Does it matter that I am based in the UK and not US?

I wouldn't think it matters much as long as UPS isn't exorbitantly expensive there. And I hear you -- I kept my core comics collection but jettisoned a lot of books I didn't particularly care for any more.  Had to compare dealers' offers, etc., but it all worked out.