• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can people post books with SCS?
1 1

12 posts in this topic

I’ve heard SCS can be pretty bad.  Given all the shipping my books do and USPS doing the Ace Ventura delivery model, I guess it is a matter of time.  Let’s see some SCS books posted.  

11 hours ago, Antpark said:

Plenty of examples in even just the forum search, but here's one.

Damn that thing is messed up.  I bet the old SA and GA books are more susceptible than moderns.

10 hours ago, BladeTX said:

I bet the old SA and GA books are more susceptible than moderns.

Actually, it depends on the book.

GA and many SA books had much stronger paper quality than many BA and modern books.

But you also need to take into account the fact that an improperly handled package can damage anything.

CGC slabs are not meant to be bomb proof or insufficiently_thoughtful_person proof. They're just meant to be protective under normal handling circumstances.

If someone abuses a box with a slab in it, you greatly increase the changes of damage.

Also, in that book pictured above, the rusted staple and rust migration into the paper GREATLY compromises the structural integrity of the book. It would be like having a spinal column with a nearly disintegrated disc in your spinal column. It wouldn't take much of a bump to do serious damage.

Thanks all for your examples and feedback.  I’m pretty new and have books in CGC hands right now for 10 reholders, so this is part of the gamble.

In retrospect, I should have posted this in the Newbie forum.  This is clearly something the more experienced collectors have discussed as lot before.  I only heard the term SCS a few months ago.

22 hours ago, thunsicker said:

First four results from google search.

I never thought about searching the CGC Forums through Google, thanks!  Is that a better way to search than using the Chat Board’s search feature?  I have had trouble finding things using the search bar on the site.

5 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

I never thought about searching the CGC Forums through Google, thanks!  Is that a better way to search than using the Chat Board’s search feature?  I have had trouble finding things using the search bar on the site.

yes google a topic of what you think would be in a thread title....

follow it with the key term cgccomics.com

that should bring up thread results :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

26 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thank so much! Tested this.  Tried to find something on the Chat Board search bar and gave up after a few minutes.  Used Google and it came up at the top. Awesome ^^

1 hour ago, VintageComics said:

Actually, it depends on the book.

GA and many SA books had much stronger paper quality than many BA and modern books.

But you also need to take into account the fact that an improperly handled package can damage anything.

CGC slabs are not meant to be bomb proof or insufficiently_thoughtful_person proof. They're just meant to be protective under normal handling circumstances.

If someone abuses a box with a slab in it, you greatly increase the changes of damage.

Also, in that book pictured above, the rusted staple and rust migration into the paper GREATLY compromises the structural integrity of the book. It would be like having a spinal column with a nearly disintegrated disc in your spinal column. It wouldn't take much of a bump to do serious damage.

dont forget the occasional OCD owner trying to "tap" the book to center.

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

To be more specific I always use <searchTerm> site:www.cgccomics.com/boards