• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your thoughts on "beefcake" in OA (versus GGA)

6 posts in this topic

It's a fine line between "sex sells" and the truly erotic.  Some of the most popular artists of generations past and present have combined both.  Others seem to stay pretty firmly on one side of the divide.

What are your personal preferences or boundaries with respect to GGA and/or beefcake in OA?  Is it an internal struggle at times, or just not a fan in general?  

Edited by exitmusicblue

It would seem you’re thinking beefcake is there for a sex angle?   I think it’s there from a power/ wish fulfillment angle for boys/men, for the most part.

I don’t mind GGA unless really gratuitous.   ‘Beefcake’ I don’t really care either although there’s definitely a line at which it’s ridiculous. 

Edited by Bronty

2 minutes ago, Bronty said:

It would seem you’re thinking beefcake is there for a sex angle?   I think it’s there from a power/ wish fulfillment angle for boys/men, for the most part.

I'd say there's certainly an element of that, as well.

And then for others, it can be a safe zone of sorts.  Better art than many other things, etc.

35 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I don’t mind GGA unless really gratuitous.   ‘Beefcake’ I don’t really care either although there’s definitely a line at which it’s ridiculous. 

:foryou:

1711577271_BorisStMarks.jpg.1aa93e265b2b33e155ef8f2c64d4465f.jpg

12 hours ago, exitmusicblue said:

It's a fine line between "sex sells" and the truly erotic.  Some of the most popular artists of generations past and present have combined both.  Others seem to stay pretty firmly on one side of the divide.

What are your personal preferences or boundaries with respect to GGA and/or beefcake in OA?  Is it an internal struggle at times, or just not a fan in general?