• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC membership “benefits”
2 2

50 posts in this topic

I upgraded my free account to a paid Associate Membership. With this membership it says I should have access to grader notes.  That is the only reason I paid for a membership.  Now when I do a verification on a CGC number it say i need to pay $5.00 to receive an email with the grader notes.  Is this blatant case of false advertising or am I missing something?  Thank you to anyone that can help. 

Edited by TheBobaFett
spelling

5 hours ago, TheBobaFett said:

I upgraded my free account to a paid Associate Membership. With this membership it says I should have access to grader notes.  That is the only reason I paid for a membership.  Now when I do a verification on a CGC number it say i need to pay $5.00 to receive an email with the grader notes.  Is this blatant case of false advertising or am I missing something?  Thank you to anyone that can help. 

Hello Bob. I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but CGC will and you can call them toll-free to ask. Also, if you click on the edit button of your first post you can amend your spelling of 'benefits' from 'benifits' to 'benefits' and, in doing so, make the mornings of OCD sufferers worldwide :) 

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Hello Bob. I don't know the answer I'm afraid, but CGC will and you can call them toll-free to ask. Also, if you click on the edit button of your first post you can amend your spelling of 'benefits' from 'benifits' to 'benefits' and, in doing so, make the mornings of OCD sufferers worldwide :) 

Thankfully someone else said it...

11 hours ago, TheBobaFett said:

You get free grader's notes on books you submit.  Old books and other people's books require you to pay a sliding scale, which varies based on what tier the book was submitted on (if i remember correctly).

2 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

You get free grader's notes on books you submit.  Old books and other people's books require you to pay a sliding scale, which varies based on what tier the book was submitted on (if i remember correctly).

It states "free graders notes on most of your submissions."   I wonder what constitutes "most"?

7 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

It states "free graders notes on most of your submissions."   I wonder what constitutes "most"?

The ones that actually have grader notes, as some books come back with none.

14 hours ago, TheBobaFett said:

Here's what it says on the CGC webpage. 

(yes I know this is for Elite, but I already have a membership so it doesnt show me the membership offering I already have, needless to say the "benefit" is the same for the other levels)

@TheBobaFett Did you click on the little "?" to show the details of the benefit? 

benefits.thumb.png.f53c928108fdfe4ee0018dba5d2aa68d.png

So the "Free Grader Notes" is specified as limited to your submissions (so you dont just get free access to all books grader notes, only your submissions) and regarding the fact that some books have no notes after grading they do the necessary CYA (cover your assets, what did you think it meant?) by saying "MOST' of your submissions. 

Edited by miraclemet

You got your question answered in less than a day. What more did you expect? Online as in real life the way you present yourself determines what "benifits" you receive.

Welcome to the boards.You'll find that Fridays have their own special flavor here.

Edited by Bird
It is Friday, right?

4 minutes ago, TheBobaFett said:

Such a friendly group here.  Thank you all so kindly. I feel so welcome here.  If you treat newbies this way, hate to see the way others are treated.

We're only joshing with you Bob!

Stick around and take the pisss out of everything that moves mate :foryou:

Capture.PNG.56e68784e9ba27a50a975f3d389223a4.PNG 

clangers.gif.c7ec07943d6d946dc359a8ab14ec6d37.gif

30 minutes ago, TheBobaFett said:

Such a friendly group here.  Thank you all so kindly. I feel so welcome here.  If you treat newbies this way, hate to see the way others are treated.

fair, we are much harsher on the long time participants!

But in reality, do you see where the information was that you needed? 

In defense of the Original Poster, CGC's tiers and membership benefits are presented in a pretty confusing way on their site. Specifically, it is not clear that Grading Notes are only for your submissions, unless you roll over the tooltip.

It took me a while to figure out some of the membership "benefits", like the grading credit, and the pre-screen process.