• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Thank you!
3 3

196 posts in this topic

Terms:

• Paypal, check or money order are all accepted.
  • Feel free to PM me with offers. I will not laugh or take offense, so offer away.
  • Shipping is what it costs me unless otherwise noted in the thread.
  • Shipping is typically 1 to 2 business days after payment is received.
  • :takeit: rules unless an item is on hold. If I'm dealing with PMs, I try my best to put items on hold, but in the case of a conflict between a :takeit: via PM and a :takeit: in the thread, earliest timestamp wins out.
  • I will not do business with anybody on the probation list or the Hall of Shame. (tsk)
  • If there is any pressing or restoration, I will list it.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you're not happy with it, you can return it for a full refund, including shipping costs both ways. This applies to both raw and slabbed comics, so buy with confidence.

All Bat related issues on pages 3 through 10 have been removed

Edited by Skynwalker
Added lot list

I've come across some lovely GA books :x:x:x

I'll post 4 Schomburgs tonight and several more in a few days.

I might be able to get some Rulah's, Dagar's, and the like, so PM me if anybody has any interest in those titles.

As always, I'm happy to field offers or questions. :applause:

The Black Terror #6, 1.0 $395

Book is complete, but, oddly, appears to have been made with only a middle staple.

There is tape along the spine on the inside of the cover and the staple is still there, although the cover and several center wraps are detached.

th_SOLD_zps1dgphdfw.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker

The Black Terror #10, 1.5 $395

Book sits mostly flat and is complete, but missing the bottom staple.  Cover and center wraps are still attached to the top staple.  Remaining staple is rusty, but rust propogation around the staples is limited.  There is a 3" tear at the upper left corner, but it is on the cover only.

Cover is a bit brittle along the edges, but inside that, the cover is quite nice for the grade.  Some interior pages are off white once you get past the edges and the book is still supple.

SOLD.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) sold

America's Best Comics #15, 2.0 $295

Book sits flat and is complete, but missing the bottom staple.  Cover and center wraps are still attached to the top staple.  Remaining staple is rusty, but rust propogation around the staple areas is limited.

Cover has some damage along the left side and there are 2 holes in the cover (as seen in the scan).  There is tape on the interior of the cover that looks to have been an attempt to correct some of the damage.

Without the rusty staple and cover damage, book would grade in the VG to F range, as the cover still has good gloss and color.  Interior pages are off-white to white in some areas and the book is still supple.

SOLD.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) sold

America's Best Comics #19, 2.0 $225

Book sits mostly flat and is complete, is missing the bottom staple and is the only one of the four with just a bit of spine roll/foxing.  Cover and center wraps are still attached to the top staple.  Remaining staple is rusty, but rust propogation around the staple areas is limited.

Book has some damage along the bottom side.  There is a 3/4" or so tear that goes through about half of the book that was repaired with tape on some of the interior pages.  However, the repairs were on the bottom edge and mostly in the margin.  Also, the tape is still clear, so it barely affects any of the story.

There is what looks like a water stain along the top edge on some of the interior pages, but it doesn't affect the story.  The cover has almost no gloss, but still has good color.  This book isn't quite as supple as the others, but is still in good shape.

abc19a_zpspohs2vhh.jpg

th_abc19b_zpsf3nsyrhe.jpg

2 hours ago, Skynwalker said:

The Black Terror #6, 1.0 $395

Book is complete, but, oddly, appears to have been made with only a middle staple.

There is tape along the spine on the inside of the cover and the staple is still there, although the cover and several center wraps are detached.

bt6a_zps9eyma89l.jpg

th_bt6b_zpswjktcdwz.jpg

Take per PM

Ok, kids, you guys need to start buying so I can afford Bunky Brian's Cap #1 CGC 4.0 ;) 

The Black Terror #10, 1.5 $325

America's Best Comics #15, 2.0 $225 ON HOLD!!!

America's Best Comics #19, 2.0 $175

or, Take all 3 for $695

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) on hold

Thrilling Comics #50, 3.5 $395

Schomburg :)

Book sits flat and is complete.  Cover is still attached to the top staple, but detached from the bottom staple.  Both staples are rusty, with some rust propagation around both.

Book has good color and gloss and is very supple.  Pages are mostly off-white.  A very nice book.

SOLD.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) sold

Startling Comics #40, 3.5 $345

More Schomburg goodness.  Although I don't understand why all the Schomburg books in this collection have rusty staples and none of the others do. 

Book sits flat and is complete.  Cover is attached at both staples, with a 1-1/2" split at the upper spine.  There is some rust on the top staple and more rust on the bottom staple, with some rust propagation around both.

Book has good color, but not much gloss and is very supple.  Pages are white. :whatthe:  Another very nice book.

SOLD.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) sold

Startling Comics #42, 3.5 $345

Schomburg

Book sits flat and is complete.  Cover and all pages are firmly attached at both staples.  Both staples are rusty with some rust propagation around both.

Book has good color, and some gloss and is very supple.  Pages are off-white to white.  There is what looks like some sort of distributor over spray (blue) along the bottom of the inside front cover and there's a little on the first page at the bottom.  It doesn't affect the story.  Another very nice book.

sc42a.jpg

sc42b.jpg

Dagar #14, 3.0 $425

Classic bondage cover/GGA.  Kamen art. :)

Book sits flat and is complete.  Cover and all pages are firmly attached at both staples (although there is some tearing around the bottom staple), with a 1" split at the bottom spine.  There is some rust on both staples, but no propagation.

Book has good color, but no gloss to speak of and is very supple.  Pages are off-white to cream.  There is a stain at the top that goes all the way through the book (you can see it on the back cover), but it doesn't affect the story.  The tear on the upper left back cover goes through the back 4 pages, but again, doesn't affect the story.

SOLD.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) sold

Rulah #21, 2.5 $245

More GGA with a Kamen cover.  Used in SOTI, pps 388 and 389.

Book sits flat and is complete.  Cover is detached and held together with tape.  All interior pages are firmly attached at both staples.  No rust!

Cover has great color, and still some gloss.  The book is very supple.  There is quite a bit of tanning on the inside of the cover, but no brittleness.  Some interior pages are white, some off-white.  A very nice book considering the defects.

SOLD.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker
Marked item(s) sold