• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Closed] Thank you!
3 3

196 posts in this topic

Final Auction results:

Auction rules (the (4) GA books listed below are up for auction):

1.  Opening bids will be as listed below.
2.  Minimum bidding increments are $1 below $100, and $5 above $100.  You can, of course, bid more than that, but those are the minimums.
3.  BIN price is the price listed on Page 1 (It's also listed below for your convenience).  Once a bid is placed for the BIN price, the auction automatically ends for that book.
4.  I'll keep page 1 updated with the current bidder and bids.  If you feel I've missed a bid, please let me know.
5.  Bidding ends at 10:00 p.m. CST, Sunday, 5/12/19.  If there is a bid in the last minute (9:59 p.m.), I'll extend the time by 5:00 minutes.  I will do this up to (3) extensions, meaning that the last acceptable bid would be at 10:14:59, if all three extensions were to be added.

6.  Please put "AUCTION" in your bid posts to help me keep them straight.  You may bid on one or all of the books in a post, just be sure to include the name and how much.
7.  All bids must be posted in the thread.  No bids will be accepted by P.M.
8.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Auction results:

Page 1
America's Best Comics #19, 2.0 Winner: $60.00, Unstoppablejayd
Startling Comics #42, 3.5 Winner: $80.00, Unstoppablejayd

Page 2
The Human Torch #10, .5 Winner: $80.00, Tristan Esteph

Page 3
Blue Beetle #3, .3 Winner: $11.00, Oceanmills

Edited by Skynwalker

37 minutes ago, Skynwalker said:

Auction rules:

2.  Minimum bidding increments are $1 below $100, and $5 above $100.  You can, of course, bid more than that, but those are the minimums.
3.  BIN price is the price listed on Page 1 (It's also listed below for your convenience)
4.  I'll keep page 1 updated with the current bidder and bids.  If you feel I've missed a bid, please let me know.
5.  Bidding ends at 10:00 p.m. CST, Sunday, 5/12/19.  If there is a bid in the last minute (9:59 p.m.), I'll extend the time by 5:00 minutes.  I will do this up to (3) extensions, meaning that the last acceptable bid would be at 10:14:59, if all three extensions were to be added.

6.  Please put "AUCTION" in your bid posts to help me keep them straight.  You may bid on one or all of the books in a post, just be sure to include the name and how much.

America's Best Comics #19, 2.0 BIN $145 (current high bid, bidder: $xx, xx), Starting bid is $5
Startling Comics #42, 3.5 BIN $225 (current high bid, bidder: $xx, xx), Starting bid is $5
The Human Torch #10, .5 BIN $145 (current high bid, bidder: $xx, xx), Starting bid is $5
Blue Beetle #3, .3 BIN $60 (current high bid, bidder: $xx, xx), Starting bid is $5

Ill start the bidding out for Human Torch 10 at $75.  Thanks!

What the heck, might as well start bidding at $10 on each of the other 3 to get the ball rolling also.  :)

Detective Comics #313, CR/OW, 3.0 $15

Book is complete.  Centerfold is detached at the bottom staple.  Staples are rusty and there is a little rust migration.

The cover has good color, but not much gloss due to the staining.  Despite the issues, book sits flat and tight.

tec313.jpg

Detective Comics #318, OW, 2.0 $12

Book is complete.  Center wrap is detached at the top staple.  The split seen in the picture goes through the first several wraps.  Staples are clean.

The cover has good color and gloss.  Book has a spine roll.

tec318.jpg

On 4/13/2019 at 9:12 PM, Skynwalker said:

America's Best Comics #19, 2.0 $225

Book sits mostly flat and is complete, is missing the bottom staple and is the only one of the four with just a bit of spine roll/foxing.  Cover and center wraps are still attached to the top staple.  Remaining staple is rusty, but rust propogation around the staple areas is limited.

Book has some damage along the bottom side.  There is a 3/4" or so tear that goes through about half of the book that was repaired with tape on some of the interior pages.  However, the repairs were on the bottom edge and mostly in the margin.  Also, the tape is still clear, so it barely affects any of the story.

There is what looks like a water stain along the top edge on some of the interior pages, but it doesn't affect the story.  The cover has almost no gloss, but still has good color.  This book isn't quite as supple as the others, but is still in good shape.

abc19a_zpspohs2vhh.jpg

th_abc19b_zpsf3nsyrhe.jpg

Auction 50

On 4/13/2019 at 8:30 PM, Skynwalker said:

Terms:

• Paypal, check or money order are all accepted.
  • Feel free to PM me with offers. I will not laugh or take offense, so offer away.
  • Shipping is what it costs me unless otherwise noted in the thread.
  • Shipping is typically 1 to 2 business days after payment is received.
  • :takeit: rules unless an item is on hold. If I'm dealing with PMs, I try my best to put items on hold, but in the case of a conflict between a :takeit: via PM and a :takeit: in the thread, earliest timestamp wins out.
  • I will not do business with anybody on the probation list or the Hall of Shame. (tsk)
  • If there is any pressing or restoration, I will list it.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you're not happy with it, you can return it for a full refund, including shipping costs both ways. This applies to both raw and slabbed comics, so buy with confidence.

Auction rules (the (4) GA books listed below are up for auction):

2.  Minimum bidding increments are $1 below $100, and $5 above $100.  You can, of course, bid more than that, but those are the minimums.
3.  BIN price is the price listed on Page 1 (It's also listed below for your convenience).  Once a bid is placed for the BIN price, the auction automatically ends for that book.

Updated (5/10/19 @ 2:42 p.m. CST):

Page 1
America's Best Comics #19, 2.0 BIN $145 (current high bid, bidder: $25.00, Unstoppablejayd)
Startling Comics #42, 3.5 BIN $225 (current high bid, bidder: $25.00, Unstoppablejayd)

Page 2
The Human Torch #10, .5 BIN $145 (current high bid, bidder: $75.00, TC33)

Page 3
Blue Beetle #3, .3 BIN $60 (current high bid, bidder: $10.00, TC33)

I'll keep the list of TECs, Bats, and WF here once I'm through the first round of books.

Updated List (xxx):

Americas best comics 19. Auction $55

Startling comics 42. Auction $60

Detective Comics #322, OW, 2.5 $15

Book is complete, but centerfold is detached.  Staples are clean.

The cover has good color and gloss for the grade.  Book has a slight spine roll, but otherwise sits flat and tight.

tec322.jpg

Edited by Skynwalker