• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CVA and now QES?
1 1

78 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:
42 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

There is a new avatar thread?

Also I noticed, I like the new avatar @TwoPiece

Nah, it's from 2018, but GM&I posts in it weekly (or something).

Named "Top 100 Avatars" or something like that.

It's a miserable attempt at generating some community spirit. Don't bother with it, it's rubbish. Absolute rubbish. 

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

How did you change it to the Uber creeper in the first place?

I dont even remember.

Someone said I needed to change my avatar from the invisible man and this was the only thing I could download,I tried to do it on the weekend but all my files were too big.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:35 PM, batman_fan said:

Some of the books with CVA labels :sick:

Poor registration, poorly trimmed, etc.

I want to form a new sticker authority. It will warn people of over-graded books and books that might technically not be over-graded but still have ridiculous or weird damage. It'll be called "WTF".

3 minutes ago, Badger said:

I want to form a new sticker authority. It will warn people of over-graded books and books that might technically not be over-graded but still have ridiculous or weird damage. It'll be called "WTF".

Isn't that exactly what CVA is? :whistle:

On that note I think I want to make a new sticker authority, BISS, otherwise known as Because I Said So.  I figure I say it enough to my kids might as well say it on comics as well!

Now that ComicLink's CVA has competition in the form of ComicConnect's QES, and hopefully soon to follow Heritage's version (CQX -just making it up) I will come out with a new service that validates, confirms, and grades those sticker's claims.  For example if a CVA sticker appears on a book that is less than exceptional and considerably less appealing for it's grade compared to other known copies, my sticker will state in the form of a letter grade: A-F where A+ is the highest validity and F- is the lowest validity.  My sticker will be called SAC (Sticker Accuracy Claim). For stickers receiving a grade less than B will include the graded Cert # of the better looking copy. :insane:

3 minutes ago, justafan said:

Now that ComicLink's CVA has competition in the form of ComicConnect's QES, and hopefully soon to follow Heritage's version (CQX -just making it up) I will come out with a new service that validates, confirms, and grades those sticker's claims.  For example if a CVA sticker appears on a book that is less than exceptional and considerably less appealing for it's grade compared to other known copies, my sticker will state in the form of a letter grade: A-F where A+ is the highest validity and F- is the lowest validity.  My sticker will be called SAC (Sticker Accuracy Claim). For stickers receiving a grade less than B will include the graded Cert # of the better looking copy. :insane:

:censored: genius.

8 minutes ago, justafan said:

Just a head's up, I'm going to start my own service to verify your service.  I'll dub it...MIS...More Inane Stickers.  I'll utilize a catalog of 5 colors of store bought stars (thinking gold, silver, blue, green, and red) as my system.  Stickers will be tamper evident because I'll liquid nail them to the slab.  Fat $tack$.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:57 PM, mattn792 said:

Just a head's up, I'm going to start my own service to verify your service.  I'll dub it...MIS...More Inane Stickers.  I'll utilize a catalog of 5 colors of store bought stars (thinking gold, silver, blue, green, and red) as my system.  Stickers will be tamper evident because I'll liquid nail them to the slab.  Fat $tack$.

I appreciate the competition my good man but the real money is made in cartels -er i mean cooperative competition then monopolize so in 18 months after both our respective sticker certification  services have matured (i.e found themselves on a bunch of graded books) we can merge and start our own Collectible's Sticker Guarantee Service (CSGS) and start buying up all of the other sticker services like CVA, QES, etc and form our own conglomerate.  we will of course maintain a level of integrity for all our services. A slab submitted for CVA but also requesting SAC validity service will be anonymous and graded for validity as if the CVA stickered slab had been applied prior to the merger. then it will go on to the MIS grading service to double validate the SAC service. there will be virtually no appearance of conflict of interest here.

Edited by justafan