• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CVA and now QES?
1 1

78 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, justafan said:

I appreciate the competition my good man but the real money is made in cartels -er i mean cooperative competition then monopolize so in 18 months after both our respective sticker certification  services have matured (i.e found themselves on a bunch of graded books) we can merge and start our own Collectible's Sticker Guarantee Service (CSGS) and start buying up all of the other sticker services like CVA, QES, etc and form our own conglomerate.  we will of course maintain a level of integrity for all our services. A slab submitted for CVA but also requesting SAC validity service will be anonymous and graded for validity as if the CVA stickered slab had been applied prior to the merger. then it will go on to the MIS grading service to double validate the SAC service. there will be virtually no appearance of conflict of interest here.

🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

so CC= QVC sticker (or whatever)?

and CL=CVS sticker (or whatever)?

do they take the stickers off each other's books and put their own stickers on. I'm getting a headache and when hobbies become another chore it.....

....may be time to retreat a bit. read some comics. Gotta finish up The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe

Edited by NoMan

The reason CAC worked in coins is because its founder, John Albanese, had been a founder of both PCGS and NGC.

Only a person with those types of credentials could legitimately start such a service. "No names" will almost certainly not succeed. It's a situation where you are selling your reputation, not your product.

Borock might have been able to get away with starting such a service...but not now, not after the dumpster fire that is CBCS dragged his reputation through the mud.

But it would take someone of that level to successfully launch such a service. 

cr-ap I missed this thread somehow

QES - QuintEssential Sticker, Stupidity or Sh-it ( as you prefer - all 3 work )

Edited by Gotham Kid

My favorite part about CVS is how they claim on their website that books with the sticker go for so much more than copies without the sticker. AND THEY EVEN QUOTE SALES!
All of those sales are from ONE auction house website that doesn't report to GPA so are they legitimate sales? I would say no. 

Edited by Jimmy Linguini

1 minute ago, Gotham Kid said:
4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Question Every Submission hm

Quite Everyone Should

Quickly Eradicate Shenanigans