Golden Age Covers...let’s see them.
1 1

26 posts in this topic

455 posts
Posted (edited)

Would love to see any covers that the group might have.

Edited by Blastaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
455 posts
4 minutes ago, hmendryk said:

Pocket Comics #4 (January 1942) Joe Simon pencils and inks.

Champ Comics #20 (July 1942) Jack Kirby pencils, Joe Simon inks.

Speed Comics #22 (August 1942) Joe Simon (using alias Glaven) pencils and inks.

Champ Comics #22 (August 1942) Joe Simon (using alias Glaven) pencils and inks.

 

Pocket4.jpg

Champ20new.jpg

Speed22.jpg

Champ22.jpg

Those are fantastic. What’s the size?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 posts
4 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Those are fantastic. What’s the size?  

The Pocket #4 image size is about 8.5 by 11 inches, the rest 10.5 by 14 inches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
955 posts

Someone remind me what the qualifying date range is for the Golden Age, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
654 posts
14 minutes ago, The Voord said:

Someone remind me what the qualifying date range is for the Golden Age, please?

Per Wikipedia and Google, 1938-circa 1950.  The Silver Age is commonly seen as starting with new Flash October 1956.  It seems the chaotic Wertham/Comics Code interim period doesn't have a catchy label.  Pre-Silver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22,939 posts
39 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Per Wikipedia and Google, 1938-circa 1950.  The Silver Age is commonly seen as starting with new Flash October 1956.  It seems the chaotic Wertham/Comics Code interim period doesn't have a catchy label.  Pre-Silver?

I believe that period is called the Atomic Age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,145 posts
51 minutes ago, aokartman said:

Per Wikipedia and Google, 1938-circa 1950.  The Silver Age is commonly seen as starting with new Flash October 1956.  It seems the chaotic Wertham/Comics Code interim period doesn't have a catchy label.  Pre-Silver?

look at this breakdown!

Platinum Age (1897-1937), Golden Age (1938-1947), Atomic Age (1948-1955), Silver Age   (1956-1969), Bronze Age (1970-1984), Dark or Copper Age (1985-1991), Extreme Age  (1992-1998), Movie Age  (1998 – 2016)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
654 posts
2 hours ago, Bird said:

look at this breakdown!

Platinum Age (1897-1937), Golden Age (1938-1947), Atomic Age (1948-1955), Silver Age   (1956-1969), Bronze Age (1970-1984), Dark or Copper Age (1985-1991), Extreme Age  (1992-1998), Movie Age  (1998 – 2016)

Love it, I can go with that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
955 posts

Picture Stories from American History # 2 (EC, 1947):

I also own all interior pages (complete books of artwork) for this one and the previously posted Picture Stories from World History # 1 (both inexpensive purchases at the time).

 

X9DlnBag_311017184050lola.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
226 posts
On 5/11/2019 at 7:36 AM, Bird said:

look at this breakdown!

Platinum Age (1897-1937), Golden Age (1938-1947), Atomic Age (1948-1955), Silver Age   (1956-1969), Bronze Age (1970-1984), Dark or Copper Age (1985-1991), Extreme Age  (1992-1998), Movie Age  (1998 – 2016)

Why is the Bronze age listed as ending in 1984?  I thought it was a bit later with Crisis on Infinite Earths, Watchmen and DKR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
80 posts
On 5/11/2019 at 1:03 AM, hmendryk said:

Pocket Comics #4 (January 1942) Joe Simon pencils and inks.

Champ Comics #20 (July 1942) Jack Kirby pencils, Joe Simon inks.

Speed Comics #22 (August 1942) Joe Simon (using alias Glaven) pencils and inks.

Champ Comics #22 (August 1942) Joe Simon (using alias Glaven) pencils and inks.

 

Pocket4.jpg

Champ20new.jpg

Speed22.jpg

Champ22.jpg

These are lovely - wish they were mine -- just amazing

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
455 posts
21 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

action15cover.jpg

There has to be a story behind this.....care to share? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1