• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX Comics: crooked or incompetent? Exposed...
1 1

43 posts in this topic

Happened to come upon this interesting video about PGX's checkered history.  Looks like Daniel may have moved the PGX headquarters from the garage to the living room now.  I had known about many of their past fraudulent activities, but hadn't heard the stories of cats being shooed off your soon to be graded PGX books, and cat urine sprayed on shipping materials, while littered about the room (they start talking about it around the 48 minute mark).  Probably won't find too many White page copies coming out of their headquarters hm

Here's a link to the video if anyone's interested

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I think the real question is - how does CVA factor cat urine stains into their eye appeal scale?

If CGC offered a cat urine registry, people would compete for it.

Why don't any of these people have any dedication to getting the facts correct? The casual misinformation that gets thrown around is so very frustrating.

Sigh.

At no point, at least since 2008, did CGC's online invoicing system say the words "in the vault" or "pending." (48:40)

And the guy who challenges him is correct.

The online dealer screens used to say:

1. Received

2. Verified

3. Scheduled for grading

4. Graded

5. Grading/Quality Control

6. Shipped/safe

Some people thought, and maybe still do think, that "safe" meant the books were, themselves now "safe" (implying there was some level of danger before then.) The hilarity of such a concept aside, the word "safe" meant that they were placed in that vault, ready to go out, and typically meant there was an account hold on the account.

Now they say:

1. Received

2. Scheduled for grading

3. Grading/Quality Control

4. Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

I welcome corrections, if any.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Why don't any of these people have any dedication to getting the facts correct? The casual misinformation that gets thrown around is so very frustrating.

Sigh.

At no point, at least since 2008, did CGC's online invoicing system say the words "in the vault" or "pending." (48:40)

And the guy who challenges him is correct.

The online dealer screens used to say:

1. Received

2. Verified

3. Scheduled for grading

4. Graded

5. Grading/Quality Control

6. Shipped/safe

Some people thought, and maybe still do think, that "safe" meant the books were, themselves now "safe" (implying there was some level of danger before then.) The hilarity of such a concept aside, the word "safe" meant that they were placed in that vault, ready to go out, and typically meant there was an account hold on the account.

Now they say:

1. Received

2. Scheduled for grading

3. Grading/Quality Control

4. Finalized/Imaged/Shipped

I welcome corrections, if any.

I did my first sub to where I could track it ... I didn't notice received...

It started at scheduled for grading...

And that was the rumor in estimated TAT too, that sfg was the new received...

I could have missed it though :shy:

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I did my first sub to where I could track it ... I didn't notice received...

It started at scheduled for grading...

And that was the rumor in estimated TAT too, that sfg was the new received...

I could have missed it though :shy:

Several options:

1. You could have missed it.

2. You could have subbed an express or walk-through, where "schedule for grading" is the new received.

3. It doesn't show on non-dealer accounts.

Here's a current screenshot showing the current 4 levels of status:

257217827_cgcdealerscreenshot.thumb.png.d339191978dc2a34925958b0528c6ce6.png

2 hours ago, mosconi said:

but hadn't heard the stories of cats being shooed off your soon to be graded PGX books, and cat urine sprayed on shipping materials, while littered about the room

I hadn't heard that either, but still believe it far more easily than the TMNT 1 story.

7 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Several options:

1. You could have missed it.

2. You could have subbed an express or walk-through, where "schedule for grading" is the new received.

3. It doesn't show on non-dealer accounts.

Here's a current screenshot showing the current 4 levels of status:

257217827_cgcdealerscreenshot.thumb.png.d339191978dc2a34925958b0528c6ce6.png

thanks! like i said i could have missed it so thanks for the further clarification :foryou: 

the "rumor" was sfg was the new received, now i have more of an understanding :)(thumbsu 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
6 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I've never seen MECHANICAL ERROR before.  What does that mean? @RockMyAmadeus

11111111111111111111111111111.png.bcb16913535361c2d1d1c292cc835e54.png

That's CGC's term for slabs that have issues that need correcting; wrong labels, cracked in shipping, faulty heat seals, and the like.

Thanks for the explanation.  Looks like CGC issued new serial numbers instead of retaining the old serial numbers.  Interesting. 

3 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Thanks for the explanation.  Looks like CGC issued new serial numbers instead of retaining the old serial numbers.  Interesting. 

No, they retain the old numbers. The new numbers are just "placeholders" for the books to go through the system.

3 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I think the real question is - how does CVA factor cat urine stains into their eye appeal scale?

Might depend on several factors in the encapsulation room or garage. Wind currents, barometric pressure, and if the grader gets nailed in the eye with cat urine while assigning page quality.