• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX Comics: crooked or incompetent? Exposed...
1 1

43 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, dupont2005 said:

I think raw books are less likely to be either restored or some other shifty nonsense PGX is known for

I wonder if CGC keeps any kind of records with this Crossover thing ... as far as how much/many PGX books had undetected restoration or "some other shifty nonsense".

"For those of you who can't Google....[drink Big Gulp] PGX started around 2003 or 2004 or 1999 (I don't have time to Google it) or they are located in Eugene, Oregon or something, [vape] but the dude was called Michael or Brian or something [eats sandwich] and they said restored or rejuvenated or something [fixes lamp] but also it was grand larceny or grand theft auto or something [gets up to buy donuts at 7-Eleven]...but CGC started in 1999 or 2000 or 1976 or something... so it all checks out.  Accuracy is important."  

Edited by lordisam

45 minutes ago, lordisam said:

"For those of you who can't Google....[drink Big Gulp] PGX started around 2003 or 2004 or 1999 (I don't have time to Google it) or they are located in Eugene, Oregon or something, [vape] but the dude was called Michael or Brian or something [eats sandwich] and they said restored or rejuvenated or something [fixes lamp] but also it was grand larceny or grand theft auto or something [gets up to buy donuts at 7-Eleven]...but CGC started in 1999 or 2000 or 1976 or something... so it all checks out.  Accuracy is important."  

Man now I want a sammich or some donuts or hell a donut sammich!

53 minutes ago, lordisam said:

I gave it 12 minutes before bailing, and yep, this is a fair take.

3 hours ago, lordisam said:

And that's the edited version? Any chance of seeing the original, unedited post? :eek:

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What's the average grading return variance on a CGC book that was previously graded by PGX .2,.4,.6 that would suck s...

When you factor in the .5 grades that come back when the books are incomplete, I'm sure the average is not too pretty at all!

16 minutes ago, mrwoogieman said:

When you factor in the .5 grades that come back when the books are incomplete, I'm sure the average is not too pretty at all!

I wouldnt think so

Sounds like you take a $1000.00 comic and reduce it by$900.00

Edited by Hollywood1892
Forgot to include comic