• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Color Touch

9 posts in this topic

I have a FF 48 with a very slight color touch  graded 7.0 with it....  how to do I re submit to have the color touch fixed thru  CGC services?

Thanks in advance with the help

It's essentially the same as submitting comic books for grading.

Login your account. Got to the link to submit books. But instead of clicking on "grading" , scroll down and click on "restoration" removal. Then fill out all the screens and when done, print out a copy of the finished submission form. Put the form in the box with the book(s) and ship it to CGC

11 hours ago, Tony S said:

It's essentially the same as submitting comic books for grading.

Login your account. Got to the link to submit books. But instead of clicking on "grading" , scroll down and click on "restoration" removal. Then fill out all the screens and when done, print out a copy of the finished submission form. Put the form in the box with the book(s) and ship it to CGC

This.

23 hours ago, WEBHEAD said:

I'm assuming also that they will crack it out charge me for the restoration then the cgc grading fees  here is the book

FF 48 0004164AC001A  copy.jpg

Do you have the notes detailing where the color touch is? Book doesn't look it and I'll tell you why. Because not only don't I see signs of it but all the numerous stressing that could have been touched up … isn't.

Notes:
1/2" stain bottom right corner front cover
edge & corner wear, some breaks color
few bends front & back cover
color touch top edge & bottom staple
spine stress barely breaks color
2 tiny stains top right back cover

2 hours ago, WEBHEAD said:

Notes:
1/2" stain bottom right corner front cover
edge & corner wear, some breaks color
few bends front & back cover
color touch top edge & bottom staple
spine stress barely breaks color
2 tiny stains top right back cover

Very common areas for color touch on this book. It looks pretty minor, but restoration removal has been a "touchy" subject here lately...  :gossip:   

On 5/26/2019 at 5:48 PM, The Lions Den said:

Very common areas for color touch on this book. It looks pretty minor, but restoration removal has been a "touchy" subject here lately...  :gossip:   

I guess technically, removing color touch is a form of restoration, as would be removing dirt through dry cleaning. 

It only bothers me when it makes the book notably less attractive, as it's rare that it can be removed without the scraped area looking worse than what was originally covered by c.t. A tiny area along the edge somewhere, fine, a long line down the center of the book - fugly. 

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

I guess technically, removing color touch is a form of restoration, as would be removing dirt through dry cleaning. 

It only bothers me when it makes the book notably less attractive, as it's rare that it can be removed without the scraped area looking worse than what was originally covered by c.t. A tiny area along the edge somewhere, fine, a long line down the center of the book - fugly. 

I agree.