• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Greatest Comic Book Moms!

16 posts in this topic

For Mothers day who are some of your favorite comic book moms?

Hats off to Ma Kent for raising Superman to be such a well grounded (hah) person 

20208b55704392818e1e1ac7794f99ec.jpg.b42622054673093f62a17885d52dbe64.jpg

Cheers to Aunt Mae in all her forms for raising her nephew as her own, on her own!

3822465-0315605682-AuntM.jpg.8a4c7f88ba29e2757941dfb21d8766cb.jpg

And to Sue Storm for balancing life as a super hero with being the mom of a powered kid!

MSC21.jpg.e660dffd80ff26811742a7f354c20424.jpg

Who else should get recoginized as a great Comic book mom today?

This isn't what you're looking for, but it's kind of a funny mom/comic book story...

Back when that Action #1 sold for over $3,000,000 a few years ago, I called my mom and asked her if she could help me with a comic purchase (She wasn't very supportive of my hobby at first, but accepted it over time). She said sure & asked how much I needed. I said a million would do me (it was early on in the auction).

She hung up on me.

I thought this was going to be a thread about moms who threw out comic collections. (:

Two years ago, my mom decided she just NEEDED that closet back in my old bedroom and shipped my 6 childhood longboxes to me. At least she didn't toss them outright!

On the other hand... My grandmother drove me 45 minutes to my first comic show -- a monthly show in Dallas back in the early 90s. I think she went shopping at the Dallas Galleria while I was wheelin and dealin at the show. lol

On 5/12/2019 at 9:00 AM, BCarter27 said:

I thought this was going to be a thread about moms who threw out comic collections. (:

Two years ago, my mom decided she just NEEDED that closet back in my old bedroom and shipped my 6 childhood longboxes to me. At least she didn't toss them outright!

On the other hand... My grandmother drove me 45 minutes to my first comic show -- a monthly show in Dallas back in the early 90s. I think she went shopping at the Dallas Galleria while I was wheelin and dealin at the show. lol

PC_RC.24.B.JPG