• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WILL A SLIGHT IMPRESSION IN THE SURFACE OF A COMIC AFFECT ITS GRADE?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Recently, I sent some comics off to CGC for grading. The comics were bagged and boarded prior to me taping them to pieces of cardboard backing to ensure safe shipping. I used paper painter's tape to tape the comics to the cardboard backing. I am worried that I may have taped one of the comics too tightly to the cardboard backing. If this causes an indent in the surface of the comic, will that indent affect the comic's ultimate grade? 

14 hours ago, Vuja Day said:

How could it not affect the grade? I think some people don't hold their books up to the light at an angle to see damage like this. Those defects are not "invisible".

Well if your book has enough other defects a minor flaw like this won’t have impact

To answer the initial question, yes, dents/indentations will affect grade.

based on your description I wouldn’t be concerned unless the book stated in its as-shipped state for many months in a hot humid environment. CGC will unpack at Receiving.