• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MC 1 vs Cap 1
1 1

29 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, woowoo said:

This might be the best you can do with the $$$ Action 1 is up up and away in price next to those 2 hm

act1_6112a.jpg

My favorite single slab of all time !!!!!  That’s worth 100k to someone with a coverless copy. I’d say 75 k without.  

9 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

My favorite single slab of all time !!!!!  That’s worth 100k to someone with a coverless copy. I’d say 75 k without.  

They'd still be missing the top 1/4 though.  Is this the front cover only?  If it is, they'd also be missing the back cover but better than nothing though.  

3 hours ago, woowoo said:

I need the last page to Marvel 1 if you know anyone who has a copy :takeit:

Most owners I know of need the back cover, which is quite unique to Marvel 1 and nearly impossible to find. 

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

They'd still be missing the top 1/4 though.  Is this the front cover only?  If it is, they'd also be missing the back cover but better than nothing though.  

Yes just the front cover. Sold for around $7k - $8k if I recall at auction maybe 8 years ago?

1 hour ago, Primetime said:

Yes just the front cover. Sold for around $7k - $8k if I recall at auction maybe 8 years ago?

So is it reasonable to assume that it's now worth $75k?

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

I’d think so 

Ten years ago it went for $6,800 and now its value is $75,000?  Wow! That's quite the ROI...

Edited by pemart1966

I don’t think 75-100K is unreasonable. That’s where a complete coverless copy would be at in today’s market. Very few of those, even fewer loose front covers.

Comic books had been undervalued for a very long time relative to other high end collectibles.

Seeing a piece from the top book in the hobby increase to 10x its original value over a decade or so isn’t as crazy as it sounds.