• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Random raw Timely comics NOW DISCOUNTED
7 7

70 posts in this topic

Marvel Mystery #58. Missing one page, the 1st & 2nd story pages in the Angel story. Front cover and all but the last page and back cover have a tear seal. Also looks like a small piece added on the lower back cover on/near the spine. Feels like a little glue at the staple and top of the spine too. I also see some color touch at the top of the spine. So, the book has some restoration.  $185 SOLD

20190512_222513.jpg

20190512_222533.jpg

20190512_222233.jpg

20190512_222411.jpg

20190512_222326.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Just now, Frisco Larson said:

Marvel Mystery #58. Missing one page, the 1st & 2nd story pages in the Angel story. Front cover and all but the last page and back cover have a tear seal. Also looks like a small piece added on the lower back cover on/near the spine. Feels like a little glue at the staple and top of the spine too. I also see some color touch at the top of the spine. So, the book has some restoration.  $185

20190512_222513.jpg

20190512_222533.jpg

20190512_222233.jpg

20190512_222411.jpg

20190512_222326.jpg

Takes 

3 minutes ago, rjpb said:

What have you got against centerfolds?

Just now, Frisco Larson said:

Oh that's the NEXT sales thread lol

You know... I had to ask you that. How can you guys go buy these cool Timely comics like that with missing centrefolds, missing pages or pieces tore away? Was it all about the awesome front covers, isn’t it? lol

I would go nuts not knowing how that certain story ends or link between middle of story with all the missing pages!  :insane:  But I sure enjoy looking at great artwork on covers. My time spent well here. GLWTS!

3 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

You know... I had to ask you that. How can you guys go buy these cool Timely comics like that with missing centrefolds, missing pages or pieces tore away? Was it all about the awesome front covers, isn’t it? lol

I would go nuts not knowing how that certain story ends or link between middle of story with all the missing pages!  :insane:  But I sure enjoy looking at great artwork on covers. My time spent well here. GLWTS!

I can only speak for myself here, but it's all price reflective. If I see a book that I like, but it happens to be missing a centerfold or a page, it's not necessarily a deal breaker, if it's priced accordingly. In most cases, having something missing will usually only affect one story. 

Thanks for the well wishes on the sale!