• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTF eBay!!!!
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Ugh, I'm a little upset.  I lost a auction because of currency conversion on eBay. Has this happened to anyone else? I was bidding (I thought I was) in US dollars and I lost because it was bidding in Canadian currency!!! I'm in the US and the seller was in Canada.  WTF!!! The seller would have gotten more money as well as eBay! WTF! I'm not sure why I have to do a currency conversion before I make a bid, eBay should have an algorithm for that already place!

PS: If this isn't the right thread, sorry. The Chat Boards needs to have a venting thread :roflmao:.

Edited by Xenosmilus

I actually won a bid because I was watching it as it was in US on the watch list but Canadian on the listing itself.  So I had a conversion window open to know exactly how much I was willing to go up to.

Hopefully it wasn't you I beat out on my auction. (it wasn't Godzilla comics I swear!) :(

6 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I actually won a bid because I was watching it as it was in US on the watch list but Canadian on the listing itself.  So I had a conversion window open to know exactly how much I was willing to go up to.

Hopefully it wasn't you I beat out on my auction. (it wasn't Godzilla comics I swear!) :(

HAHA Naw it was the Savage Tales #1 9.6 WP.  I don't have any hard feelings from the seller or winner, just eBay :pullhair:. I think the winning bid was $1175 (US or 1575-ish Canadian). I bid 1300(US) so I thought I won at first.

Edited by Xenosmilus

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

HAHA Naw it was the Savage Tales #1 9.6 WP.  I don't have any hard feelings from the seller or winner, just eBay :pullhair:. I think the winning bid was 1175 (US). I bid 1300(US) ,what I thought was US but apparently it was 1575 Canadian (1175 US)...

Ok yeah that was not me.  Good, glad to know I didn't beat you out on the $15 comic I bought. lol