• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #62

18 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie to the boards and a first time posting.

I recently sent in 27 books for grading, the first time I have done so without a third party sending them in for me. One of the books is a nice copy of Batman #62 and I thought I would solicit some comments/opinions from you fine folk.

The colours are great, but there is some damage at the upper staple. The back cover has some significant chipping at the bottom of the page. I have attached some photos which I hope are clear enough.

I did opt to get it pressed and I was hoping for a 6.0, but the damage could well drag it below that.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions.

Many Thanks!

BAT 1.jpg

BAT 2.jpg

BAT 3.jpg

Tough crowd! :D

6.0 seems a stretch with the staple tears, faint sub crease and BC chips. But colors are great, attractive book overall. I'd say a nice 4.5 unless I am missing something.

Very tough crowd...not sure why

Nice book although I think Fine is outta the question. If that top staple is still attached and it is just a staple tear, I think best case scenario is 5.0 but I am more in line with Point Five in feeling it is a 4.5 mainly because of some of the creasing and edge wear. 

45 minutes ago, Crowman said:

Thanks for the input guys.

I would be hugely disappointed if it comes in under 4. Will let you know once it is cleared.

Based on the scans you should cruise to a 4.0. Great-looking copy! Somewhere between 4.0 and 5.0 looks about right.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:57 AM, Point Five said:

6.0 seems a stretch with the staple tears, faint sub crease and BC chips. But colors are great, attractive book overall. I'd say a nice 4.5 unless I am missing something.

LOL! Better luck next time, Point Five!  :makepoint:

22 hours ago, Crowman said:

The book is on it’s way back.

It was graded a 6, so I am very happy with that.

✌️🙂

Congrats, it's a great book and I have a 6.0 as well. Yours definitely presents nicer than mine, so glad they didn't hammer it too much.

On 5/13/2019 at 7:57 AM, Point Five said:

Agreed Jon. It appears 4.5 - 5.0 to me without seeing in hand.