• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is eBay’s Global Shipping Program 100% safe?

30 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Bird said:

It seems that the consensus here is that the GSP is good for sellers but not for buyers but that’s clearly not true for each sale there is a buyer using the GSP

I have a repeat buyer in Canada and Hong Kong that keep using it to buy from me.  Again though, keep in mind that my page has a lot of jewelry on it so I also feel much safer using GSP as an additional layer of protection.  When eBay recently settled a claim for me, as mentioned above, it was with a piece of jewelry. 

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

It seems that the consensus here is that the GSP is good for sellers but not for buyers but that’s clearly not true for each sale there is a buyer using the GSP

I was always reluctant to order things from the states not so much the program as much as the ridiculous import charges.

Edited by Hollywood1892
Type too fast

I've not had problems using First Class International from USPS.  I limit where I'm shipping to if I use that method.  I stick with the UK, Canada, Australia and Germany.  I've had no problems with the tracking and delivery confirmation in those countries and their postal systems are fairly reliable.  I'm conflicted on getting rid of GSP, but it does let me reach a wider audience than it would if I just stuck with First Class Int'l.  

14 hours ago, mrc said:

.......as stated ad nauseam, the GSP is a money making scam that rips off international buyer's by preying on the insecurities of US seller's. It is nevertheless still in widespread use.

Than the sellers should just ship it via US post,probably be cheaper for both the seller and the buyer,well we are at it we should be allowed to exchange personal info with each other on Ebay,circumvent the entire capitalist system,lol.

16 hours ago, mrc said:

.......as stated ad nauseam, the GSP is a money making scam that rips off international buyer's by preying on the insecurities of US seller's. It is nevertheless still in widespread use.

Yet, sales are up and I experience fewer issues and problems since I let eBay handle it. So...  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Also, it's cheaper on my end.  eBay charges 10% of the hammer price AND the cost of shipping.  If all I have to do is ship it to Kentucky, I am only charged 10% off that and NOT the $30 extra to ship out of state.  Is $3 going to make or break.  Nah... but it adds up and is unnecessary to deal with. 

So let's say you don't buy from me.  Okay... Other people are.  More people are to the point that it justifies the decision.

AND like I said, GSP had my back on that piece of jewelry the other day. 

38 minutes ago, Pirate said:

I got a neutral feedback for slow delivery on GSP.  I cussed the dumbarse out.

I would have too.

As a frequent buyer, I will give five stars if the book arrives in the condition posted,I'm not concerned with the length in which it takes between seller and buyer. I have %100 percent positive feedback as a buyer because I pay immediately,and I give the sellers the same respect.

The only time I was furious with a package is when the seller packaged six books into three poly bags without boarding. I contacted him outside normal parameters and told him how I felt,he was very courteous in responding and sent me a couple variants along with boards,for the books.

I honestly think feedback impacts both buyer and seller,and if someone is childish to give neutral feedback on something,than the shame should be placed on them.

Unfortunately that's not the case though.