• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow an original art forum....

16 posts in this topic

Newt is more than a spell checker. he is very knowledgable on star wars as well as other fields of comics he handles quality control. like making sure all important notes are put on a label. some of these notes hadn't been included before he started working for CGC

Wow an original art forum. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great!

Now we need a whole forum for Bronze-Age price variants too! poke2.gif

*sarcasm*

Hey I can take a joke better than anyone.

But, I don't appreciate being called unnecessary.

Technically I'm still a trainee, but I am also technically a CGC pre-grader.

I have my own seat, desk and computer in the grading room.

A spend everyday from a little after 8am to a little before 6pm pre-grading comicbooks.

I'll admit it. I'm a huge Star Wars geek and I know a heck of a lot of facts about Star Wars comics and it's other media incarnations.

But...

I also collected Silverage, Bronze age and modern age comics for over 15 years before getting the job at CGC. At last count I have around 15 long boxes filled with "stapled paper containing pictures and words." smile.gif

And I may have not known everything about comics going into CGC, but I went in there with a knowledge of Overstreet grading standards and to put it in "College Degree" standards I went into the job with a Major in modern comics and a Minor in silver/bronze.

I feel I've proved myself worthy these last couple months. I've paid attention, kept my eyes and ears open, and made a mental note of everything that has been taught to me since I've started.

Sure I've made a lot of mistakes when I first started and yea I still make a couple still occasionally, but overall I feel I've learned a heck of a lot.

I'm spotting hard to find restoration and most my grades are in range.

But don't get me wrong there is still a heck of a lot more to learn.

I will keep paying full attention to what I am being taught.

So no I don't consider myself unnecessary.

I consider myself a small investment.

But above all else I consider myself a comicbook geek.

And I consider that to be a good thing.

flowerred.gif

Hey I can take a joke better than anyone.

But, I don't appreciate being called unnecessary.

Technically I'm still a trainee, but I am also technically a CGC pre-grader.

I have my own seat, desk and computer in the grading room.

A spend everyday from a little after 8am to a little before 6pm pre-grading comicbooks.

I'll admit it. I'm a huge Star Wars geek and I know a heck of a lot of facts about Star Wars comics and it's other media incarnations.

But...

I also collected Silverage, Bronze age and modern age comics for over 15 years before getting the job at CGC. At last count I have around 15 long boxes filled with "stapled paper containing pictures and words." smile.gif

And I may have not known everything about comics going into CGC, but I went in there with a knowledge of Overstreet grading standards and to put it in "College Degree" standards I went into the job with a Major in modern comics and a Minor in silver/bronze.

I feel I've proved myself worthy these last couple months. I've paid attention, kept my eyes and ears open, and made a mental note of everything that has been taught to me since I've started.

Sure I've made a lot of mistakes when I first started and yea I still make a couple still occasionally, but overall I feel I've learned a heck of a lot.

I'm spotting hard to find restoration and most my grades are in range.

But don't get me wrong there is still a heck of a lot more to learn.

I will keep paying full attention to what I am being taught.

So no I don't consider myself unnecessary.

I consider myself a small investment.

But above all else I consider myself a comicbook geek.

And I consider that to be a good thing.

flowerred.gif

Then why did Steve insinuate to me in SD that he was considering giving you 'the axe' ?,...heh ?

I start looking 4 a new job buddy.

Right on, Newt. I know that Steve never would have hired you if you weren't a great dude and had the skillz. I love my job, but it would be awesome to work in the comic industry. You are living many people's dream, so ignore the trolls! thumbsup2.gif

Right on, Newt. I know that Steve never would have hired you if you weren't a great dude and had the skillz. I love my job, but it would be awesome to work in the comic industry. You are living many people's dream, so ignore the trolls! thumbsup2.gif

Im not a troll

Im an orc