• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you folks carry around your comics at a busy show?
3 3

72 posts in this topic

With all the people walking around, sometimes in a very congested room, it seems like the notion of bumping into random people could be a concern and that books you may be carrying around, may be prone to some damage, primary corner bends and such.  I was thinking of like a 10 comic box holder inside of a backpack or something.  I'm not sure what to do with a CGC book situation though I'm boycotting the product for now (due to the Newton Rings issue) but what do you folks do with them when you buy CGC books being that even a few of them is quite bulky?

Depends on what you are getting and how much. 

For a few expensive books, top loaders are great.  Even a solid bump isn't going to do much.  

For moderns/coppers in quantity, short boxes can work well. 

Patrick 

I have great cgc cardboard boxes that came with purchases from "mycomicshop". Then back pack with bubble wrap. You can actually purchase them from their website and I highly recommend:

20190514_064751.thumb.jpg.77705e14768578e934f809d3f6bf124c.jpg

I'd give you the link but their site is currently down. I typically bring 3 empty ones and a smaller box to hold raws.

Backpack with some cardboard for cheaper raws, trades or hardcovers, and a plastic box with some bubble wrap for more expensive raws or for slabs. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

I use a messenger-style bag and I keep some thick scrap cardboard inside to reinforce the pockets for my raw purchases. I prefer to have something on my side, under my arm (which I can move in front for going through narrow crowds). It also has a latch for the flap instead of a zipper, so I feel more secure with it as opposed to a backpack because you'd have to be a master ninja to get the latch open without me knowing. My backpack, on the other hand, has come unzipped with my laptop hanging halfway out while walking through the airport without me knowing it.

If you search around at various 99 cent stores, you will find many hard shell tablet protectors for sale.  Many of them are a perfect fit for a couple of comics.  I bring a couple empty ones to every show.

Get one of these at TJMAXX for 20 bucks. Stick a short box on it and never have any stresses on the amount of books you need to carry or purchase during a show. It's light and secure. Just don't forget to strap the short box around with the elastic flaps otherwise your books can fall out!

IMG_4627.PNG

26 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

See that open black box on the table beside me?

At a show in February a guy was selling them for ten bucks a piece. They are perfect for storing and carrying your comics.

Love those cases, they are perfect for shows. I got this one from BCW, works great but doesn't fit oversized or mag-sized books, mag-sized is available though.

https://www.bcwsupplies.com/comic-book-stor-folio-1-5-inch