• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Key Issues

15 posts in this topic

Hi! Is there a list of key issues for Robert Kirkman's Invincible book? If so can you point me in the right direction? Can't seem to find anything decent via google. Thanks!

Edited by vksince82

3 hours ago, vksince82 said:

Hi! Is there a list of key issues for Robert Kirkman's Invincible book? If so can you point me in the right direction? Can't seem to find anything decent via google. Thanks!

There really are not that many if you take away #1.  #2 does pretty well and the first 20 issues are ok sellers but in general only #1 would be called a key book.  I did a quick search of issues that have sold this week and I'm actually shocked how few Invincible books have sold (pretty much only a dozen or so sold).

7 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

There really are not that many if you take away #1.  #2 does pretty well and the first 20 issues are ok sellers but in general only #1 would be called a key book.  I did a quick search of issues that have sold this week and I'm actually shocked how few Invincible books have sold (pretty much only a dozen or so sold).

Hey thanks for the insight. Do you have any guess as to why so few transactions have occurred? Is it likely a drop in interest/popularity since the series ended?

I've sold 2-3 copies of each of the first 13 issues for $50-$100 over the last couple of years. 

Those early issues had tiny print runs. Think basically the Walking Dead numbers had it not taken off..lower even. 

This is off the top of my head, but I think most everything under #15 has a sub 10k print run. I want to say the #'s I was hearing were like 6-7k copies for some of them. 

There are plenty of keys in the series (by the modern definition). They haven't really been cited much, but the series is full of 1st appearances. The Invincible gets raped issue could also count as key. The issue where Invincible fights his father is cited pretty as often as being key. Invincible going into space and living on another planet is pretty key for the series as the last big part of the book is all about that. These days the term "key" has gotten pretty broad in it's definition. 

Edited by Real Elijah Snow

1 hour ago, vksince82 said:

Hey thanks for the insight. Do you have any guess as to why so few transactions have occurred? Is it likely a drop in interest/popularity since the series ended?

Not really sure since I loved the series.  i think it's just because a preview hasn't come out yet.  I'm betting the fickle eye of the comic market will turn to Invincible soon enough and we will see a huge surge in the early harder to find issues.  I just have a hard time calling any issue other then #1 a key books.  The 1st appearance of the female alien could be a nice key depending on how the show pops.

From an older thread (posted by @maloney414 )

Invincible # 1: 1st Full Invincible & Omni Man (his dad)

Invincible # 2: 1st Atom Eve, Robot, Rex, Dupli Kate (bunch of important characters)

Invincible # 5: 1st Allen

Invincible # 9: 1st Monster Girl and Bulletproof

Invincible #11: True origin revealed about his dad which leads to...

Invincible #12: Epic throw down with his dad

Edited by valiantman

59 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Invincible # 2: 1st Atom Eve, Robot, Rex, Dupli Kate (bunch of important characters)

Awesome thanks!

Edited by vksince82

4 hours ago, valiantman said:

There are a few more later in the series as well as some variants and second prints that are very hard to get.
110 comes to memory for the rape issue
There is a Rick from Walking Dead appearance in the 80s I think.

Issues 11 & 12 command quite a bit due to big reveal and story change in the book in those issues.

1-15 are very hard to find due to low print runs. The Amazon show should help it as well.

One of the best series in the last 20 years. The first 30 or so issues are fantastic.

These should, but probably won't

#16 - Angstrom Levy

#61 - Conquest (oh hell yeah)

#26 - Oliver Grayson

#19 - Battle Beast (underrated character)

#68 - Dinosaurus

Returns #1 - Grand Regent Thragg

#113 - Terra Grayson (his daughter)

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

33 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

There are a few more later in the series as well as some variants and second prints that are very hard to get.
110 comes to memory for the rape issue
There is a Rick from Walking Dead appearance in the 80s I think.

Issues 11 & 12 command quite a bit due to big reveal and story change in the book in those issues.

1-15 are very hard to find due to low print runs. The Amazon show should help it as well.

One of the best series in the last 20 years. The first 30 or so issues are fantastic.

The Rick/Shane issue is 81

Other books of note are:

50 Variant Adams Cover

51 Second Print

52 Sketch Cover 

75 Variant Cover (this is rumored to be least available of any issue)

Returns Sketch Variant (good luck finding one)

100 ComiXology Sketch Variant

100 Sketch Cover

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Not really sure since I loved the series.  i think it's just because a preview hasn't come out yet.  I'm betting the fickle eye of the comic market will turn to Invincible soon enough and we will see a huge surge in the early harder to find issues.  I just have a hard time calling any issue other then #1 a key books.  The 1st appearance of the female alien could be a nice key depending on how the show pops.

Footage from the show is allegedly to be released at SDCC this year, so I imagine interest will peak at that point 

Does the TV show mean this comics might come back? I know it is a dream... but this is one of my favorite comics of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/22/2019 at 9:14 PM, Macho said:

Does the TV show mean this comics might come back? I know it is a dream... but this is one of my favorite comics of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought the ending to the series  was quite satisfactory. Doesn’t really need continuing further.

140 + issues was enough.