• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Petition for Stan Lee memorial statue in NY

10 posts in this topic

His "origin" is NY but he ended up making his home in LA. We have always thought of him as a native son. He has a star in a prominent place on the Hollywood Hall of Fame. A statue of him here would be great too. Where would the movie biz be without him today?

Stan did not live in New York City until he moved to California. He lived on Long Island for many years.

I believe he moved to Long Island in the early 50s.  In the mid 70s, he split his time between a Manhattan apartment and a house in the Hamptons but most of his best work was done in Hewitt Harbor. 

Jack Kirby and Joe Simon both lived in my town of Mineola when they got out of the service. I proposed a plaque or a statue several years ago and was laughed at. As one person said, if we don't have a statue to Will Rogers, why would we have one for Stanley Kirby, whomever that is.

Edited by shadroch

I think his wife was a major factor. From all the documentaries I've seen she played a major role in most decisions he made (just as a wife should...) I wouldn't be surprised if she chose the locations (Long Island, California etc) 

I can't remember which doc it was from where someone said half jokingly that we owe it to stans wife for creating the MCU, since of her high spending habits Stan had to work extra harder creating and promoting more and more superheroes titles in the 60s lol