• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with this Skanky Ebay Seller?
1 1

74 posts in this topic

I recently won this book on ebay. (I was the only bidder). The usual, "I am not a professional grader" and "look at the pictures" (two) to grade. His feedback was OK, he seemed to sell comics as well as other stuff, and I really wanted the book. Normally, I would have passed. With Paypal's stance on returns, I took a chance. It looked OK until I got into it. Panels missing on two pages and a page torn out.

I contacted him and his only reply was "we take returns". No oops, no apology, no nothing. So I filed on him. He of course waited until the last day to respond and waited to the last day to refund me. The next day, I see the book back up with the original description and price with no mention of the defects. What a tool!

Now the feedback question. If he had been apologic or showed some humanity and sent me a prompt refund probably a positive or maybe nothing. without the relist, maybe a neutral, but trying to scan another guy probably a strong neg. If so, what should I say? What do you think?

Also, is there anyway, I can get ebay to take down the auction of suspend him for falsely representing his goods? It just doesn't seem right.

Really suks as I have been looking for this book for years...

comfamousfunnies27.jpg

comfamousfunnies27a.jpg

comfamousfunnies27b.jpg

I tend to leave no feedback on returns, even when they go smoothly, but tend not to go negative for any reason unless the seller is a total jerk. Missing flaws that should have been obvious - return it and forget it. Relisting books without disclosure after being told of major flaws not visible in pictures - yeah, that probably warrants a neg.  

46 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I recently won this book on ebay. (I was the only bidder). The usual, "I am not a professional grader" and "look at the pictures" (two) to grade. His feedback was OK, he seemed to sell comics as well as other stuff, and I really wanted the book. Normally, I would have passed. With Paypal's stance on returns, I took a chance. It looked OK until I got into it. Panels missing on two pages and a page torn out.

I contacted him and his only reply was "we take returns". No oops, no apology, no nothing. So I filed on him. He of course waited until the last day to respond and waited to the last day to refund me. The next day, I see the book back up with the original description and price with no mention of the defects. What a tool!

Now the feedback question. If he had been apologic or showed some humanity and sent me a prompt refund probably a positive or maybe nothing. without the relist, maybe a neutral, but trying to scan another guy probably a strong neg. If so, what should I say? What do you think?

Also, is there anyway, I can get ebay to take down the auction of suspend him for falsely representing his goods? It just doesn't seem right.

comfamousfunnies27.jpg

comfamousfunnies27a.jpg

comfamousfunnies27b.jpg

It's just a flesh wound! 

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

comfamousfunnies27.jpg

comfamousfunnies27a.jpg

comfamousfunnies27b.jpg

What a scumbag!

1 minute ago, speedcake said:

I’m ok with a little skanky, just not from my eBay sellers...

Same. Let's not have perfectly good skanks brought down to the level of dodgy eBay sellers!

That sucks man - all upstanding citizens try to maintain the 100% on eBay but let’s be realistic , there ARE individual_without_enough_empathys on there and that’s the beauty of the system - it’s self policing , and a PayPal warranty ( not that working with PayPal is always easy) but that being said - if this guy is a scum ( fairly apparent ) and he made no intention to rectify the issue - then I would light him up without fear of retaliatory bad reviews 

28 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

What to do...?

Tie the seller to a chair and subject them to a reading of whiny, entitled CGC board complaints by this gal:

Now that is just evil.  But well within reason for this jabberwocky!

26 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

Now that is just evil.  But well within reason for this jabberwocky!

I dunno. There are a handful of whiny, entitled, immensely presumptuous serial complainers on this board, who imagine they're in a position to psychoanalyze people on the internet, and who pester moderation and administration about everything they can think of, behaving as if they're glorified CGC board hall monitors. This seller may not be deserving of such an extreme punishment.

:eek: